chapter 1

Yan da awoke and nuzzled into the warmth next to her.
A strong arm wrapped around her pulling her close.
"Morning love" a deep voice rumbled making her eyes flutter open.
"And you to shi"
Yan da leaned up and kissed ying kong shi.
There was suddenly a thumping.
"Mum dad get up todays the day!"
The two smiled right before they where jumped on by a young boy with white hair and red eyes.
The two pretended to keep sleeping.
Matching rings on both of their fingers flashed in the morning sun.

Yan da got up first and started to assemble breakfast while lying kong shi ushered the child to get dressed for the day.
Then got dressed himself so he could watch their child while yan da dressed.

"Don't run in the kitchen Fan lei!"
Fan Lei skidded to a halt and looked at his mother guiltily before walking to his place.
When shi came down he took his place as yan da went to get ready.
"Running in the kitchen again Fan Lei?"
He looked unemotional however both yan da and Fan Lei could see small tells like the slight tilt up of the corner of Ying Kong Shi's lips right now making the boy give a small grin.
"I can't help it you both have been making me wait all year!"
The man rolled his miss matched eyes and took a bite of his food.
The rest of the morning was a quiet affair as everyone finished eating and loaded into Shi's car.
As he drove his left hand the one with the wedding ring helt yan da's right, fingers entwined Fan Lei chatted to himself excitedly in the background.
Yan da and shi took great care of setting this up, they wanted somewhere nice to have a picknick but also where it would be open for Fan Lei to learn.
Fan Lei almost jumped out of the car in excitement.
There stood a pony next to a woman with rainbow hair.
Shi sat by the flowers after setting up their pick nick blanket and basket.
Yan da followed Fan Lei.
"Thank you for this Tam"
The woman smiled.
"Its fine and pepper was happy to get out, did you want me to teach him how to tack up and ride or did you want to do that? I brought handsome with me"
She motioned to the grey gelding tied to the horse float.
"If you teach him the basics i will warm handsome up"
The woman smiled.
"Sure its been a while since you rode him"
Ying kong shi watched and tried not to laugh too much as his son learnt how to ride, yan da would be back soon poor handsome would be pretty lazy when they get back.

After a day of riding and lunch for everyone it was time to head home.
Yan da climbed in the back seat with Fan Lei who was fast asleep.
And Ying Kong Shi drove back to the house.
The two put the child to bed and kissed his forehead, they had a quick drink of water each and both decided to skip dinner for bed too.
Come morning ying kong shi was the first up and gone, away to work and yan da had the task of pulling Fan Lei from bed and getting him fed and ready for school.
The boy mumbled groaned and begged for five more minutes however the firey woman didn't relent and soon they headed out the door walking to the school hand in hand.
Yan da remembered his first day of school, another child pushed him over and yan da tried to hit the kit and would have succeeded if not for Ying Kong Shi who got a firm hold of her arm.
She needn't have worried both she and her husband thought him everything they know and the little monsters learned not to mess with Fan Lei, though the teachers tried to have a word with the two over their child fighting every now and again however the two pointed out the other child started it Fan Lei just finished it.
Yan da waved from the gate and headed off to work it wasn't a busy time of year however firework shows where planned and prepared months in advance.
She happily got into work and picked up where she left off, giving her co-workers a wave.

Ying kong shi pulled up at the school to pick up their little man and they got out of the car, yan da met them with a wave and pointed to her handbag like always and just like always the white haired man dropped the keys into the main pocket.
Ying Kong Shi picked Fan Lei up onto his shoulders missing his suit shirt but he didn't mind Fan Lei had a laugh that made his heart swell.
Shi started cooking dinner with Fan Lei on the chair next to him watching and being the taste tester.
Yan da arrived home just past dark in the car and kissed them both.
"That's my boys"
She flashed a red lipped smile.
Fan Lei grinned back at her.
Shi wrapped an arm around yan da and they reached for Fan Lei when he seemed to flicker making their smiles fade.
Fan Lei disappeared followed by their home of ten years.
They looked at each other.
"Fan Lei!"
They called in panic but both couldn't stay awake.