nineteen

"One Cappuccino please." Jiahui smiled at the waitress and ordered. The waitress smiled back politely and asked, "Do you need anything else?"

She thought for a while, then said, "please add on one Hazelnut Latte."

"I'll repeat your order. One Hazelnut Latte and one Cappuccino, am I right?"

"Yes."

Her orders soon came. Jiahui pushed the cup of Hazelnut Latte to the seat in front of her, and took a small sip of her own drink.

She looked down at her phone, debating between herself if she should call Yixing.

"You've waited for a long time?" Just when she was about to call, she heard a familiar voice asked as the person sat down in front of her.

She looked up at Yixing for a while, then shook her head slightly. "About ten minutes."

"Ahh…I should've came earlier. I'm sorry."

"It's okay." Jiahui put down the cup and said. "Yixing, I…" Yixing suddenly held Jiahui's hands which she placed on the table. Jiahui looked at him at surprise. Yixing just smiled and said, "Please listen to me first, Jiahui. Whatever you want to say, listen to me first."

She nodded, and retrieved her hands which were held by Yixing. He looked at her retrieving hands and shook his head silently, smiling a little.

"I am sorry for letting you chasing behind me. I'm sorry for keep on pushing you away. I should've realized that I like you earlier, before you start distance yourself from me. Jiahui, believe me once, alright? That I can give you the love, the happiness that you want."

"I'm sorry, I can't do this, Yixing. I might love you before and even until now, but no. I'm sorry. You were the one who asked me to leave your life and never enter it again, and now you're inviting me back? Yixing, sometimes, things wouldn't be the way you wish it to be. I don't want to turn back and look at the past now. You told me that loving you is a pain, and I should've know that earlier. It was my fault for insisting so long in loving you." Jiahui said. She took another sip of her Cappuccino, and placed the exact amount of both drinks on the table.

"I hope that we'll never meet again, Yixing. Goodbye."

_______

A/N:

I don't know if y'all get what I mean…which is to appreciate the one who's been loving you. I've read a Chinese quote before and I believe that I put it into one of my books before, which is, 'When you're holding an umbrella for the person in front of you, don't forget that there's someone who's holding an umbrella for you behind, getting wet in the rain'.

Yes, maybe Jiahui and Yixing are both in love with each other, but Yixing missed out the best time for them to be together. Sometimes, when you miss out something or someone, you couldn't have it or she or he back again.

I hope everyone will not miss out anyone in their life :)

One chapter to go. Thank you for reading.

- Jocelyn