Unparalleled

Now, this is not a sequel to my other story. This is a new book- but if you read my other story and liked it, I hope you like this one just as much! I have this story all planned out and I love this storyline- I really do! I hope you like it too! Also yes, I know it is spelled ZAYN but she still thinks of him like that because nobody has told her yet. Dedicated to spyglassviewer for her awsome cover :) -All love, Lilith

"I swear, you are just like him!!!" Maddi exclaimed. We were sitting in my backyard talking about what had happened when she had visited her childhood best friend.

You see, Maddi is from Holmes Chapel, Cheshire, the UK. She lived there all her life, and her best friend growing up was Harry Styles. They had kept in touch when he went to The X-Factor, but she had recently moved to America, Iowa, and didn't get to see him much anymore. It had been a year, but he was recording an album near here now and he had invited her over to see him and meet the rest of the boys for the first time.

I had been her first friend when she moved here a few months ago, and we had become best friends. I actually had never heard of One Direction before I met her, and I still didn't know all of their names. We lived a few houses away from each other and she came over all the time. After her visit to Harry she had ran over and now she wouldn't shut up about how I was just like Louis Tomlinson.

"Okay, so what is your favorite food?"

"Cookies." She whipped out her food and typed something in. Turning the phone to face me I saw a picture of a very cute boy covered in what looked like cake, and below the caption said "Louis Tomlinson's favorite food is the cookie dough dessert at Pizza Hut."

"Mmm, cookie dough," I said at the thought. Maddi gave me a pointed look and I rolled my eyes.

"What is your favorite outfit?"

"Probably my striped shirt and red shorts," She pulled up a collage of different pictures of the same guy, but in all of them he was wearing striped shirts and red pants.

"Look, your wearing braces right now! That is almost like his signature thing!" I looked at her confused before realizing she meant suspenders. She still didn't have all the American slang.

"You guys even sound kind of alike," I looked at her with a 'Did-you-just-say-I-sound-like-a-guy?' look. I knew what she meant, but I liked giving her a hard time. When she didn't say anything else I said:

"Okay, so we're alike, what are we? Soul Twins?"

"Yes!" She said, throwing up her hands in frustration. I wasn't usually a cynic, but this was too hard to believe.

"Soul Twins? Really?"

"Yes! I am taking you with me next time and you can see yourself!"

"Okay, I wanna see this for myself,” I told her.

"Oh yeah, and Zayn says he thinks he knows you." I looked up.

"What? Zain Malik?!"

"And judging by your reaction you know him too." I do know him. My family moves around a lot, we usually stay in one place for a year or so before moving. We stay in America mostly, but twice we had gone to the UK. The first time had been to West Lane Baildon, Bradford, UK and we had stayed for a year. I was 7 and my best friend was Zain.

I had come to tell Zainy I was leaving, and my lip trembled as I walked to his door. "Mrs. Malik, can I see Zainy?" I asked Zain's mom.

"Sure Honey!" She said and called to him. "What’s wrong?" She asked me as we waited for him.

"I'm moving back to America..." I told her sadly, a tear falling.

"Oh, baby, we can still keep in touch!"

"I know, I'm just going to miss you all." I would miss all Zain's sisters who were like sisters to me, and Zain's mom, who was like a mother to me, but mostly Zain. My best friend.

Just then Zain walked out and we walked to the backyard to sit on the swings. "What's wrong?" He asked me, and I sighed.

"Zainy, I'm going back home, back to America," His face fell.

"What?"

"My Daddies job said he had to go back there." I told him.

His lip quivered, his big brown eyes watering. "Can't I come with you?"

"No... I don't think so... But we can write letters!" He nodded.

"Yeah, I guess..." He looked around before grabbing a big brick and dragging it over to me. "I'm going to give you a going away present!" He told me, and stepped up onto the brick.

Mommy said I grew early, and that was why I was taller than Zain, but once I stopped growing I would stay that height and everybody else who was shorter than me would get taller than me, she said that is what happened to her.

Zainy kissed me... and then I had to leave.

She pulled up a picture of him, and it was definitely him. "Did he change how you spell his name?" I asked her, seeing a label proclaiming that it was a picture of ZAYN MALIK

"Yeah, he did, from Zain to Zayn,"

I gave a half-smile. "He never did like it..." I murmured.  "Yeah, I do know him," I told her. "Or did, at least," She gave me a look that said 'Explain.'

When I said I had lived in the UK twice, did I mention both times had been in Bradford?

We had moved back, but it was only for the summer. I was 14, and I was excited to see Zain again.

We ended up dating, and being each other’s first girlfriend and boyfriend. But at the end of the summer when I had to leave- he broke up with me.

"So I have to leave again," I told Zain. He nodded quietly. "But we can still date, we can call everyday and text and-" He was shaking his head. "What?"

"I don't think we can work long-distance." I let go of his hand to look at him, we were the same height now, but I knew he would soon surpass me.

"What? Zain, are- are you breaking up with me?" He shrugged. "It's either yes or no Zain! Are. You. Breaking up with me?"

He looked me in the eyes. "Yes Lex, I am breaking up with you." I ran all the way back home, crying. I told my Dad that I was ready to go- That I was ready to go 'NOW!' and we left; I hadn't seen Zayn since then.

I told her our history, and when I was done her eyes and mouth had formed solid 0s.

"Holy poop! He didn't say that in any of their interviews!" I didn't think he would. I wouldn't ask him to either; it would hurt his reputation. "But he did talk about that first kiss."

"He did?"

"Yeah, he said it pretty much like your version, but minus the back round information," I nodded. "Do you still want to come with next time?"

I thought: Meet my supposed twin, but see Zayn, or not see either but have to hear Maddi talk about them all the time?

"I'll still go."