Chapter 4

Update!!! YAY!

I will take my thanks in $20's please XD Jk! 

~

I often thought that meeting my mate would be just like it was in the books about human's love stories. They often met in school, most times they were complete opposites or even hated each other, but over time they learned that they loved each other. I always skipped the pointless drama, it just wasn't my thing, and went straight to them realizing that "You know what, they aren't what I thought they were, they're so much more than all those things and I love that.".

I was a hopeless romantic, choosing to fall in love seemed stronger than being destined to be with someone. I wanted the slow process of getting to know someone, the time it takes it to fall in love with every part of them, the part when you realize that you don't want to go a day without them. That was love to me, not some predestined thing that you had no choice over.

But, my heart seemed to disagree with me, and no matter what I did or thought, I couldn't fight the way Levi made me feel. The way my blood rushed, my stomach twisted with butterflies, and the way I was unable to focus on anything but him. He had a powerful aura surrounding him, making the Omega part of me quake with an uncontrollable need.  It was getting  harder to fight the pull and I had only been with him for a week.

Even now, sitting up in our room waiting for Armin and Marco to get here so we could begin to learn about the ceremonies, I wanted to do nothing but run into his office and curl up in his lap. 

"Eren?" I jumped from my spot at the window when I heard Armin calling my name from downstairs. I let out a relieved sigh, and ran down the stairs, happy they arrived before I gave into the urge to run to Levi.

'You can't avoid him forever.' I heard my wolf softly whisper as I made my into the living room. I paused for a moment, briefly realizing how deeply my wolf longed for Levi. I didn't want to hurt my wolf because of my own selfish needs. 

"You ready to go, Eren?" Marco asked with a smile once he caught sight of me. Both he and Marco had brought their mates, making me wonder where Levi was. Then the memory hit me, Levi listened in on my thoughts at random times, and was giving me the space I longed for...

"Give me a second." I said, before turning around and running up the stairs to Levi's office. Just this one time, and only for my wolf. I promised myself as I ran into his office without even knocking. He looked awfully surprised and I almost laughed at his wide expression, but swallowed it back and waited patiently for him to calm down.

"Do you need something?" He softly asked when he calmed his heart. I stayed silent for a few seconds, just taking in his appearance. His eyes had to be what drew me in the most, they were a polished steel grey, but there was something about their color that drove me mad. Grey was a color I usually deemed boring, or just purely charmless, but his...his made me think twice about that opinion. They were usually a dark charcoal like color, promising nothing but fear and pain, but when they landed on me they seemed to lighten a few shades, turning into a soft, ash like color. 

Grey could very well be a new favorite color of mine due to his captivating eyes. His smile was something else I found myself falling in love with, not that I would ever admit it aloud. He didn't smile that often, and even when he did, it was a very subtle one. I could tell he hadn't smiled before I arrived and that he maybe even lost his reason to at some point, a deep part of me really wanted to know what happened to him.

The stories behind Levi, were ones that gave even the most harsh Alphas nightmares. His wolf alone was said to be larger than most, and he was sometimes deemed as the son of Lyceius himself, the God of wolves, and brother to the Goddess. I didn't know if it was true or not, and I wasn't sure if it was my place to ask such a question. It would probably seem very rude.