Chapter 10

I'm not dead!!

So sorry for disappearing for literally 2 months. School was kicking my ass, I had gotten sick, school came back for a rematch, and I just never had the time to work on writing.

This isn't long, nor that good, but it's something I guess. I'm low-key a really bad writer and I'm surprised you people put up with me. 😂

~

We spent the next morning having breakfast with Hanji, her brothers, their mates, and the Alpha and Luna of the pack. They were as comforting and Lance, and Keith's family had been, but they were far more rowdy than them. Haze was constantly teasing and provoking Levi and Declan seemed to join in on the fun today leaving Luke, Ollie, and I to try and keep them from rough housing in the kitchen.

Alpha Ymir just watched from where she sat at the table, grasping her mates hand in her lap as the three men continued to bicker. It was weird to think that they had been like this when they were younger, and picturing Levi as a teen had my wolfs imagination running wild. Images of Levi and I in scenarios that I read about in books were flying through my head a mile a minute and I realized that I really wished I could've had that with Levi.

'We have him though, and that's all that matters.' My wolf chimed making me smile. It was really futile to think about the endless 'what if's' in life, it would only lead to a never ending spiral. I might not have gotten Levi's teenage years, but I get the rest of his life and that's enough. I have Levi now, and that's all I need to think and care about, because that is all that matters.

"You cannot beat Levi in a race, Haze." Daze sighed from across the table, making me look up and listen in to their conversation. "He's an Alpha for one and he's also-"

"Actually that doesn't really matter if you think about it." I cut in, not fully realizing I had done it. "My friend Armin is a runt and he's one of the fastest wolves I know. Your wolves abilities all depend on how much you push yourself, not your rank itself. It helps, yes. But it doesn't guarantee anything, you have to work for it."

"I like this kid." Haze declared with a grin, causing my cheeks to heat up. I wanted to duck away from the attention, but Levi grabbed my hand with a reassuring squeeze and a proud smile that made me push away my shyness and hold my stance. "So what do ya say, Levi? Wanna race after breakfast?"

"You're signing yourself up to lose, but why not." Levi smirked, pushing his plate away and standing up from the table before grabbing my hand and pulling me up with him as well. "You finish eating. Eren and I will be waiting outside."

"You're going to smoke him aren't you?" I asked with a small smile as we walked out the front door and into the pack grounds. I knew Levi's wolf was strong and fast, and I knew he worked to be as good as he is. Last night proved just how powerful his wolf truly is and it was only a mere minute example.

"Oh I'm gonna make him wish he never opened his loud mouth in the first place." He spoke with a cynical smirk, leaving me a bit breathless at the feeling his look gave me. His eyes held a fire that I had never seen on him before, he looked so confident and sure of himself and I was yet again feeling like I was getting a glimpse of the cocky, teenage version of Levi. 

The fact that I just knew this was stemming from not only his obvious competitive drive when it came to Haze, but his desire to impress me, wasn't helping in the slightest. I wasn't completely sure how I knew that he was dying to impress me and to show me exactly what his wolf was capable of, it was like I could just feel it.