22: Preliminary

Shikamaru had watched his mate as his father had asked. Anyone who came in had been hospitalized if they hadn't left when ord-asked. The redhead from Suna walked in at one point and sat down.

"Who are you," Shikamaru asked quietly since Naruto was finally sleeping peacefully.

"Mother says he is like me," the redhead whispered. Mother doesn't want his blood. How is he like me?" The Nara just looked at the teen and gently touched his mate's stomach. It glowed lightly and a seal came into view. "He is." The teen then left like he was never there to begin with.

'Odd,' the dark haired teen shrugged. He didn't hurt his Naru, so no need to worry yet. "I think it's a day before the end of this test," he paused. "Wake up Naru. Please?"

"I found him," a long, white haired manshikaku was marched in by Shikaku. "Uzumaki should be awake already. I believe his seal has been tampered with." The older dark haired male stood in parade rest.

"Okay let's see what we got," the older looking man rubbed his hands together. "Yes he has a seal on top of his seal. Shutting most of the Kyuu..." he trailed off as he finally saw Shikamaru standing next to the blonde's bed.

   "Jariha, this is my son Shikamaru," Shikaku smirked. "Young Uzamaki's betrothed. As you should know. He knows everything about his mate. As I knew mine." The older man flinched. He knew the pain that the Naras go through. His Sensei once explained it. Two people meant to be together, forced apart before they where even together. Two out of every ten Nara get their mate. The old man quickly got to work and left as quickly as possible. He didn't want to meet the bubbly blonde just yet.

  Cyan eyes peak out from under pale eyelids. The blonde slowly sat up as to see what hurt and what didn't. The wounds hidden along his arms and legs quickly healed. He looked up to see a nearly hyper Shikamaru and his amused father.

   "Um... what happened after I got away?" The males explain what they knew, Shikaku knowing more then his son. "I guess you will take mine then Sir?" Shikaku nodded. "I was about to stop my teammate Sasuke from killing our temporary teammate Sai. He had been asking why we didn't get to the assigned place since we found our second scroll." The blonde shifted nervously. "Then a wind type jutsu hit us. I had hit my head hard enough to pass out. When I can to I had been eaten by a large snake not found anywhere in the surrounding area of the village, much less Fire Country**. I got out but it puffed away. Like it was a summons. I only know two people to have the snake summons. Anko and Orachimaru. I sent several clones to help my team as I ran to get help. He had clones waiting for us to run. I was able to get passed but not before he did something to the seal. He harmed me enough to warrant me out of commission for the rest of the test, without Kurama." The blonde was in tears. "He... he..." The blonde started crying. "He tried to rape me. But I dispelled his clone and made my way here after sending for help. Then I woke up here."

   "Well now that you are awake," the older Nara sighed. "You two had better go down and finish this test. The hokage is making an announcement."

(Rest goes the same, just Sasuke beats his opponent fairly without having stolen Lee's move. Also Naruto wins by default. No way is Kiba fighting him. Not after the mission to Wave. Shikamaru would kill him for harming his mate.)

- end for now! Hope you liked it. Yes their is no fighting. Mainly because I don't want to have to go back and find who fights who. Also Ino fights someone else but they tied and blablabla.

** I put fire "nation" at first. I just wanted to tell people cuz I can't be the only person to make this mistake.