35: Phoenix

Two years pasted. Naruto, Sasuke and Shikamaru all became ANBU, while under the Hokage's tutelage. And in that time period, a new legend arose from the ashes.

"Look," a new genin chirped as he looked at the newest Bingo Book. "It says Phoenix is always with Shade and Destruction. That if encountered: run." The genin looked at his friends puzzled. "Why does it say that the light is deceiving?"

"I don't know?" The girl of the group shrugged. "Did you see Naru-Chan today? He was being dragged around by the hokage. Looking at wedding stuff." A ninja overhearing the friends laughed. "Oh! Asuma-sensei!"

"Don't worry about Naruto," the man smirked. "Turn around," the teens do. Shikamaru was glaring at the ground as his mother a geeky dragged him around. "Now that is real entertainment."

Shikamaru didn't want to be there. Yes he wanted to buy all his clothes and things for his wedding, but not with his mother. Apparently his father was spending to much time with the Hokage. Personal time. His mother was angry at the older Nara, but couldn't do anything to him. So she was going to take it out on Shikamaru. Like always. It was going to start small. Like it was now. Little comments. "Lazy, good for nothing, spoiled brat." Then if it wasn't resolved before then, hitting in the form of training.

"SHIKA!" The voice followed a fast moving color of blue and accents of pastel orange. "Save me!" Minato chuckles as he jogged (is it jogging if it's a full on sprint?) behind his son. "He wants to put me in a dress."

"Naru," Shika sighs waiting for his mother to snap. "It's only for one day. Besides you have your Sex no Jutsu. If it makes you feel better use that."

Then the other shoe finally dropped for his mother. "No," she snarled. "Bad enough you two are meant to be together," she turned to naruto, "But you had to take my son also?" Shikamaru stood in front of his mate. He could take the abuse. It's happened his whole life. He could ignore it. His mother hated the fact that she wasn't his father's mate. He knew that. But no one -No One- attacked his mate. Not even his own mother. "Well Minato?"

The teens backed away from the older ninja. The ones surrounding them did not. Minato Namikaze glared at the woman calling his son by his own name. (Naruto being called Minato if that confused you.)

"I'm not my father," Naruto said quietly.

"HA! I knew I should have killed him," the woman smirked. "But your mommy wanted him just as badly as I wanted Shikaku. So we made the plan." She laughed as she held out a sword. "They are mine. I was fine with the little brat getting my baby. It was fine. I knew the reason why. Fate needs the Nara and the Namikaze to be united." A crazy glean shined relentlessly in her eyes. "Then your dear daddy came back and ruined everything."

The two teens glanced at each other and disappeared from view. Seconds later Shade dropped down next to the Hokage with Phoenix behind them. All the mother saw was blonde hair and she struck at Phoenix. The genin finally new why the book said that the light is deceiving. Phoenix might be the playful one, but compared to his companions. He is the light at the end of everything.

Country: Fire
Hidden Village: Konahagakure
Rank: ANBU
Taijutsu: ??
Ninjutsu: ??
Gengutsu: ??

Name: Phoenix

Sex: Male
Age: ??
Birthday: ??
Chakra affinity: Wind
Height: 5'3" (160.02cm)
Weight: 150lbs
Eyes: ??
Hair: blonde
Other: Always with either Shade or Destruction, see next two pages, or all together. If encountered: Run. The light is deceiving.