ch.6

Peridot has decided to skip school that morning, something that she rarely ever did. But she knew she couldn't go out there without people asking her about her bruised face. As if it mattered anymore. Amethyst has started to take advantage of her for her own selfish pleasures, so why would it matter? It was as her once peaceful world has become dull and depressed. but of course peri wouldn't know what those words mean, for she had never experienced them, until now. peri stayed like this until her alarm set off like any other school day, 6:20. but peri put it on snooze and lay back down. 

A few hours later, she woke up to the sun shining in her face. she got up and looked at the time which read 10:00 a.m. She got up and made herself breakfast consisting of french toast and an omelette with a cup of tea. once finished she washed the dishes and took a shower. soon followed by a bit of studying and watching videos. she once again looked at the time on her phone. 3:30 p.m. School was out a half an hour ago. She could feel the hairs on the back of her neck rise up as she heard a stern knock on the door. With her heart pounding, she cautiously walked to the door. what excuse should she make? would it work? what if she doesn't believe her? what if she beats her more painfully than yesterday?  She held in these thoughts as she opened the door. But to peridot's surprise, it wasn't Amethyst in the door way. I t was a girl in a wheel chair. Her neck was in a neck brace while her leg in a cast, her round glasses hung loosely in her face. 

Hey. are you peridot by any chance? 

yes, yes I am. how can I help you?

well, I had found this collar in my driveway a few days ago, is this your pet's collar by any chance?

Peridot's eyes widened as she held the collar in her hands. Her parents did have a dog (although she never met it.) It was still a nice surprise, now that she knew his name, Atlas. but how did his collar end up in her drive way? 

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. He's not with me right now, he's with my parents. but I will bring this to them. 

The girl gave a small smile and turned to walk...er....roll away. but before she did anything, peridot got behind her and pushed her wheelchair. 

wha?...oh, you don't need to do that. I'll do it myself. 

no, no. its the least I can do. 

oh. well, okay then. my house is just a few blocks down after this turn. 

alright. 

The girls strolled down in silence until Peridot decided to break it. Say, how were you able to knock on my door?

I didn't, I threw rocks at it. 

really?

yep. The girl took a few pebbles out from behind her and showed them to Peri. The names Connie by the way.

Peridot. 

Thats a nice name. It suits you.

thanks so does yours.

thanks. 

They both smiled at each other as they reached Connie's house. She handed Connie to her mother and walked away. As she walked back to her house, she couldn't help but enjoy the lovely weather. She was so distracted, that she didn't notice the purple-haired teen that was furiously making her way to her house as well. Their eyes widened as they made eye contact. It was as if time slowed down, but not in a good way. As amethyst growled at Peridot, peri made a run for the door. 

In less than a minute, peri barricaded herself inside her home as Amethyst angrily pounded against her door. her heart pounded as she shut her eyes tightly, tears threatening to fall. She for sure was dead. No one was going to help her. She was going to receive the beating of her life, and she was sure she would end up in a worst state than Connie was. She ignored the shouts and demands of the outside world as she hid herself in her room. A while later, The screaming stopped, it was quiet. but this only made Peri shake with even  more fear. She closed every single window, every single blind, every single door. She hid herself in the darkness of her room, as if expecting Amethyst to bust in through the door. Her anxiety was going crazy, as she waited and waited, and waited. Seconds became minutes which became hours, until she couldn't stand it anymore. She turned on her tv and flipped to a random cooking channel to calm herself down. She grabbed her a glass of water, and with shaking hands, peacefully took a sip. And eventually, she drifted to a peaceful sleep filled with cookies and birthday cakes. 

**

Steven shifted uncomfortably as eyes and whispers surrounded him. He had walked in that morning without Connie by his side, and ever since this morning everyone was crowded against him.    

Hey Steven! Are you looking for a replacement for Connie? I could play that role! Just say the word! A girl shouted from down the hall, but Steven just ignored her. Similar comments floated around the school environment as the day went on. Auditions for the role played on through lunch break where girls would dress as Connie and try and seduce Steven. but he ignored them and spent the rest of his lunch period in the library with Mrs. Heralds. 

And as the day settled down, Steven gathered all his things, an before anyone could protest, he went home. He let out a huff as he collapsed on his bed. So this is how it was going to be, huh? Everyone snuggled close to him, trying to get at least a word from him. He had to apologize. But as much as he wanted to, he couldn't but think about his own selfish needs. She was the one who needed o apologize not him, but then again he just wanted everyone off of him. But wouldn't that be selfish? isn't that just using her? but she was also using him, so might as well get revenge, right? He slammed his fist on his pillow in frustration. he wasn't the type to hurt somebody, he didn't like the feeling of using somebody to get his way, but he couldn't help it. 

in the end, he decided not to apologize, for now. He decided to let it go for a few days and decide then. but for now, he decided to take a break and sleep. 

***

Hey guys! hope you guys had great Christmas/new years! its been a while since the last time I updated, but here you go.hopefully I'll be able to upload the next ch. by next week, but we'll see. Also, I need help on deciding what kind of dog breed Peri has, I never had a dog (or a pet in general) so I don't know that many dog breeds 😢, so if you have any ideas on what kind of dog she could have, be sure to let me know.