State Of Emergency

Calise ✨ |

I stirred in my sleep before the smell of shit instantly filled my nose. I opened my eyes and immediately started touching the back of my pajama pants. Finding nothing I threw my legs over the side of the bed and sped to the conjoined bathroom. I stood twisting my lower half into the wide mirror to see any stain but found none, I snatched off my bonnet and huffed- I knew pregnancy symptoms were weird but I never heard of somebody hallucinating the smell of shit.

I stripped out of my clothes and looked at my bare body in the mirror. I was always a curvy girl but you could tell my midsection was filling out. I had to be going on four-five months by now, soon I knew I would have to tell Aaron about my little situation. I turned on my heels and pulled back the shower curtain back, I twisted the knob for the hot water and stepped in. I let the steaming hot water attack my skin while I cleansed my body. I turned off the water and wrapped a towel around my body, wiping the fog from the mirror, I parted my wet hair down the middle and braided it. I cut the lights off and walked back into the room.

Looking around the room my mom wondered back to when Aaron told me she was moving me into a different area, I thought she was talking about a gravesite but she truly surprised when she opened the door to a luxurious room with a bathroom. The room with decorated with light gray and pink items and even had a tv with cable. She claimed she wanted us to be a happy family and her family couldn't be sleeping in filth. I walked into my closet to pick out today's outfit, I threw on a baggy sweater and some leggings and head down the stairs.

Before I could turn off the light and walk out the door my foot hit against something hard. I looked down to the first thing that caught my eye, a pamper box. Placing my hand on my stomach, my head went in a thousand directions. How could she have known, I know for a fact Vmir didn't tell Aaron. God and I been trying to everything I could with the stupid ass baggy clothes. I took a quick glance around the room before I zipped my sweater up and exited the room. Reaching the bottom of the stairs I slipped on the house slippers and followed the aroma of food to the kitchen.

"Hey Vmir," I said plopping down on the island chair.

"Hey boo," Vmir said turning around with a beautiful sleeping baby in his hands.

"Vmir where the hell you get a baby from!" I squealed shooting up from my seat and walking over to him.

He handed me the baby and went to get something out the fridge."Bitch I don't know where the hell this baby came from but I know her little ass was stinking up the whole house! I came down the steps the morning and boom baby shit everywhere. If I didn't have the baby in my hands I would've thought she threw your pregnant ass a baby shower"

I shook my head as I looked down at the baby. "What the hell does this even mean. I saw a box of pampers in my closet and thought she knew that I was pregnant but this is a whole other level." I stayed quiet for a while until a new thought hit me. "Vmir, Aaron was never pregnant this bitch done stole somebody baby!" I screamed making the baby flinch. I rocked her gently before looking back up at Vmir. He stood in the middle of the kitchen with his hand over his mouth.

"See bitch I did some fucked up shit but I will never steal somebody kid. Aaron is a low down dirty bitch. Oh my god I feel so bad for the mom. How the fuck are we gonna get us and a whole baby out." Vmir paced back and forth talking a mile a minute.

"Okay calm down calm down," I said trying to think rationally. "She just dropped a baby off for no reason?!"

"Yes, well bitch I don't know!" He paused for a moment then snapped. "The card! When I got the baby this morning a note was attached to her leg. I put it on the couch in the living let me go get it" He said. He returned momentarily with a gold envelope and slapped it on the table.