Who can I run to?

Veronica 🌷

Hearing the door slam fired up the anger in my soul. I picked up the closest thing next to me and threw it. One thing turned another and another one, things crashed and exploded onto the floor. My whole body trembled and vibrated- I was screaming at the top of my lungs. Snatching a fireplace iron stick I quickly swung at the mounted tv, watching the glass crack I started swinging wildly, each swing connecting harder than the last. I was a wreck but I couldn't admit it.

Throwing the stick down and falling to the floor, I picked up the picture frame that held Tory's and I's first picture beside a picture of us and the girls at the hospital when they were first born. Tears plopped on the glass and slid down to the bottom of the frame- we were both broken.

"I'm so sorry babies, mommy didn't mean it I swear I didn't" I sobbed. "I've should've known baby, I would've never left you. I love you so so so much. Mommy would die for yall. Please forgive me, baby." I continued to cry out to them like they were standing right there. I was shattered never would I have thought that my life would turn out like this. The love of my life hated me and my kids were gone and I could blame no one but myself.

After a while I got up and brushed myself off and proceeded to sweep up the mess I made. After looking around the living I slightly cried at the mess I made. The tv was destroyed, the lamps were broken and Tory's favorite art piece was smashed, I shook my head and went into the bathroom.

Looking at myself for the first time in day's I was almost unrecognizable. My face was dry and ashy, my hair was a nappy mess, I had bags around my eyes and my eyes were bloodshot. Wiping my tears I couldn't help but feel sorry for myself. I didn't deserve this but it's okay God always has me I thought.

"Fuck that nigga and them fake ass friends. You don't need anybody. You're not stupid, you know how to make shit happen. You can find your daughter by yourself, sis. But you can't be broken no no no so wipe the tears and get on your shit. Ka ya karfin hali, kada ka yankee kauna" (be strong, do not despair) I said to myself in the mirror. I drew me a rosemary bath and got in. I needed to be completely relaxed and zen to figure out what I was going to do.

Soaking in the steaming hot water, something in the distance caught my attention. I rubbed my eyes and opened them. I was still in the bathtub, naked and alone. The shit that just happened was definitely not a nightmare. I drained the tub and wrapped the towel around my dripping wet body.

I shot my head up and looked in the direction of the door, the sound of a lullaby was noticeably louder now. Something in me wanted to lock the door and call Tory but I knew that wasn't an option. Tiptoeing towards the cabinet I reached under the sink and grabbed the .9 mm. Slowly turning and using the mirror as a reflector I couldn't see anything in the pitch black room.

Blowing out out a breath and sticking my head out I whispered a "Hello". Nothing

"Hello" I said with a little bit more bass in my voice.

Tasha 🌻

"Hello" she said. I watched her stick her head out of the bathroom. Smiling I pressed the button again. Reacting like I knew she would she walked completely out of the bathroom. I followed her down the hall, only a few steps behind. I listened to her say "Tory, Braelyn baby are you there"

Reaching the living room she stopped and looked around then picked up the box. Pressing play at the appropriate time I stood back in watched the show from the shadows. A cooing noise started up and filled the room. Veronica gasped and almost dropped the recorder.

My muffled voice shortly followed after "Hey Journei, tell mommy you're okay baby" I silently mouthed the words as they played. "You gonna tell mommy you're okay with grandma huh, tell her how you're gonna be home alive and well if she plays her cards right huh baby"