Chapter 6

"Let's just get it over with, yeah!" Deidara insisted for the umpteenth time that hour, eager to be done with this damned mission.

"We have to wait for the others, brat," Sasori snapped in response, as he had been for the past hour.

Yuma was grounded to her room, and the two could hear her taking her rage out on her possessions. Screaming, crashing, and the occasional explosion assured them that it was safe to speak without her listening in.

"What if she gets her memory back, Danna? What if-"

"You know the answer, idiot," Sasori growled impatiently.

Deidara fell silent, much to Sasori's relief. Yes, the blonde bomber knew the answer, but that didn't mean he had to like it, but before he could voice his contempt, the other members began appearing in holographic states.

As soon as Itachi appeared, Deidara glared. "You damn weasel..." he growled, not an uncommon occurrence, as the blonde and raven haired men weren't the biggest fans of one another.

"Where's the Squirt?" Kisame asked, disappointed. He's been excited to chat with the twisted girl, and see if she'd put her sword to good use, but she didn't seem to be around, and he in no way got the answer he wanted from the livid blonde man, who pointed a finger at the Uchiha's form.

"I thought her memory was supposed to be completely locked down!" He exclaimed, surprising the other members as they, too, looked to the silent figure. By this time, nearly all of the organization had arrived, save for Leader and Konan. "If we have to-"

"What the fuck is going on?!" Hidan demanded. "What's wrong with the bitch?!"

"Is Yu-chan okay?!" Squealed Tobi, his hands flying up dramatically.

"Is she remembering?!" Barked Kisame,  suddenly in a very, very bad mood, sending Tobi into a new wave of panic.

"What'll happen to sweet, sweet Yuma?!"

"Calm down!" Ordered Sasori, gaining quiet. His puppet's beady eyes stared unwaveringly into Itachi's form as he continued, listening close to ensure that the racket continued from Yuma's room. "Her memory is stirring, though she hasn't gained any sure memories. This is merely an inconvenience, dealing with her questions. If she proves to be a liability, as you all should know, she will be taken care of accordingly," Tobi gasped shrilly, but no one reacted otherwise, and Sasori continued, ignoring the depressing atmosphere. "We'll be wrapping this up as soon as Leader-sama and Konan arrive, then we'll return and Itachi can correct whatever is wrong, but unless you want Leader to end her now, keep your wits about you when he arrives."

Silence followed his words, similar to shock. Nothing was kept from Leader, so for him to suggest this stay out the powerful man's knowledge, was a dangerous matter indeed. However, the air shimmered in two places- Konan and Leader-sama were arriving.

Sharp, ringed purple eyes moved along the room, taking in the other forms, and a strong voice rang out in the still air.

"Where is Yuma?"

Sasori was quick to supply an answer as Deidara tried not to look too guilty.

"She is drawing. She claimed this to be boring and took to entertaining herself. Shall I send Deidara to fetch her?"

The blonde bomber flinched, and the purple gaze flickered to stare at the squirming young man.

"Deidara."

"...Yes, Leader-sama?"

Sasori, and the other members who knew the truth, stared at Deidara, trying to telepathically force him not to screw up.

"What are you not telling me?" Leader demanded, and Deidara stiffened.

"We, uh, well..."

The air was thick with tension, and Sasori, once again, had to think fast.

"It seems Yuma found a dangerous animal of sorts, and asked Deidara to ask you if she could keep it, as a pet," the short puppeteer explained coolly, and Leader stared at Deidara for a while longer before turning to Sasori and replying.

"Tell her no when we're through. Last time she brought an animal into the lair, half my scrolls were turned into bedding."

"Hai, Leader-sama."

"For now, let us begin."

Happy that the coast was seemingly clear, and the idea of retrieving Yuma was disregarded, Sasori and Deidara jumped to their places with little to no hesitation.

Yuma could hear the deep chanting as the others started the extraction, but she refused to leave her room because of her bad mood. She looked around at the craters in the walls, the broken furniture, the carnage all caused by her rage. She couldn't understand why Sasori and Deidara were keeping secrets from her, or why that boy with purple makeup looked so familiar.

Sighing, and flopping onto her bed, she didn't even flinch as it teetered, the two legs on the left side simultaneously braking from the prior abuse it sustained, causing the whole structure to fall over lopsidedly. Rolling with the momentum, Yuma ended up on the trashed floor with another sigh.

She decided that, since her so called friends weren't going to help her, she would just try to decifer her thoughts herself.