Chapter 19

( A/N: 😅 So I... Didn't realize how many of you thought the story was over... Oops? Sorry Hellions, this isnt much, but hopefully will be enough to put those concerns at ease... )

Once the doctor healed Yuma's leg and scolded her for having to return so soon- this doctor being one of the only to act kind towards Yuma- Tsunade arrived to question the charcoal haired girl about her encounter with the Akatsuki, as well as her returned memories. This, however, was by no means what transpired.

The Hokage stepped through the door, offering a smile to Yuma, who lay on the bed, and Kakashi, who stood leaning against the wall, alert and on guard as though someone else were going to make an attempt on his cousin's life.

"Yuma... how are you..." Tsunade let her voice die away as footsteps thundered through the hall. Kakashi tensed, ready for another attack, and two moments later, the room erupted with noise.

"YUMA!" Naruto screeched, nearly running into Tsunade in his haste as he barreled into the room and leapt for the bed.

A bright bubblegum pink blur intercepted him midway, and the blonde goofball went crashing into the wall with a yelp.

"Naruto, you idiot!" Shouted Sakura, a fist raised irately as she loomed over her cowering teammate. "Yuma's hurt! You cant just-!"

But she cut off with a gasp as a body crashed into hers, sending her spiralling to the ground beside Naruto as thin arms squeezed them with almost unbearable strength.

"I missed you guys!" Yuma giggled at the top of the dogpile, masking a grimace of pain behind a wide grin.

Her friends were stunned momentarily- since Yuma's return she was wary of them, not letting them get too close even after they'd begun to mend their friendship. The last thing either expected her to do was tackle them in a hug like she did when they were kids. It was almost like...

"You got your memories back..." Sakura gasped, and as her eyes filled with tears at Yuma's answering nod, Naruto gave a great yell of excitement, and wrapped his arms around his friends from the bottom of the pile.

"YOSH! Yuma-chan's back!" He cried gleefully, yelping when Sakura reached up and let her fist fall on his head.

"Quiet, you idiot," she sniffed, her lips beginning to quiver. She hid her face behind her hands as her voice began to waver with emotion. "This is a hospital..."

Kakashi and Tsunade watched the affair from afar, the former smiling widely behind his mask and the latter hiding the upturning of her own lips with an impatient scowl.

"Now I know you all are excited," the Hokage sighed, and the trio turned to look at her curiously. "But Yuma and I have some very important matters to discuss."

"Sorry, Lady Tsunade," Sakura untangled herself from the pile and stood, bowing apologetically as one hand went up to clean her face of tears.

Naruto, however, gave a load groan of distaste. "But Granny! We want to hang out with Yuma-chan! She finally remembers us- how can you make us leave?!"

His argument, though she'd never admit to it, was almost enough to sway Tsunade. However, she scowled, and raised a closed fist at the blonde, her lips parting in preparation to threaten the knucklehead before her.

Yuma laughed, cutting off whatever Tsunade was going to say, and gave Naruto a final squeeze before rolling off of him, wincing as she jostled her leg. Kakashi was at her side in an instant, scooping her into his arms and returning her to the hospital bed.

"We can do something after I'm done," she smiled apologetically, and Naruto pouted, still sitting on the floor.

"What've you gotta talk about that's so important anyway?" He grumbled. "If it's about the guy that snuck in and hurt you, he's dead. And by the way, why can't we hear about it?!" He suddenly yelled, looking to Tsunade. "We're her family just as much as Kaka-sensei!"

"Kakashi and Yuma are actual blood relatives, Naruto," Tsunade sighed, rubbing her temples and frowning when a scream of surprise flew through the air.

"N-N-Nani?!" The blonde goofball yelled dramatically, looking between Tsunade, Yuma, and Kakashi in shock.

"I suspected as much, but in what regard?" Sakura asked curiously, not seeming as affronted by the development as Naruto.

"Kashi's my cousin!" Yuma chirped, turning to beam at the masked Shinobi, who chuckled and ruffled her hair.

Naruto only stared, speechless as he looked between the two, while Sakura smiled.

"I always figured you were his secret child," she teased, smirking at Kakashi as his hand found his neck sheepishly.

"Why?" Yuma asked confused, tilting her head at her friend as her chest blossomed with warmth. She was home, with her friends, with her family.

"He's so protective of you," Sakura giggled, seeing the visible portion of Kakashi's face turn light pink in embarrassment. "And he's always looking after you. Frankly, he treats you a lot like my Papa treats me."

Tsunade chuckled as Kakashi's blush darkened slightly, smirking as he sent her an exhausted look. She offered him a shrug before the two turned to gauge Yuma's reaction.

She tilted her head at her teammates, smiling. "Well, he's certainly a better father than the one I killed!" She chirped, and Naruto and Sakura couldn't help but smile at the morbid words. She was definitely acting like herself again.

Meanwhile, Kakashi's heart soared, and his face burned molten red as he lifted a hand to hide the remaining sliver of his face. His mask wrinkled in a stubborn smile, and he gave a chuckle.

Naruto laughed at his sensei's reaction, making Sakura and Yuma giggle along. "Kaka-sensei's embarrassed, believe it!" The blonde goofball hollered, and Kakashi opened his fingers to send a halfhearted glare at his student.

"Extra training for you, Naruto."

"Nani?!"