OTP PROMPT 78 / STORY

January 3, 2018 — 03/01/18
Goddammit I'm so bad at updating. Here's the oneshot thingy I promised last prompt, and I just chose it since it's a favourite and my attempt at angst just sucks so here we go~~

(I tried to make it so that you could read it with your OTP but it's my first time so I hope it's ok)

«●●●

OTP PROMPT 1
Imagine Person B is scared of heights, and for their anniversary, Person A takes them for a hot air balloon ride

It was supposed to be a normal day.

A normal day usually didn't consist of me getting blindfolded and dragged off to an unknown place from my significant other, but I suppose that's what made this one different from the rest.

They continued to lead me around, chatting with me animatedly as if I weren't temporarily blind.

"I'm sure you'll like it; your friend told me that you would probably enjoy it!"

This makes my brows furrow, because honestly, why did they even bother asking any of my friends? They were all a bunch of assholes who wouldn't give an actual answer.

"Ok, be careful now, take a giant step forward," my partner instructs, sounding way too excited for a regular outing.

I can't help but be anxious when I do so, only to hear something close shut from behind me, and hey, why is it so loud?

Apparently, it was a bad idea to be distracted with the loud noises of the room, as my balance was suddenly thrown off course.

"Whoa!" I blindly reached forwards, only to be met with air. Continuing to wildly wave my hands in front of me to actually grab something, I hear my significant other laugh slightly.

"Here, just hold onto my hand," they murmur, grasping onto one of them.

It's silent, a comfortable silence, I suppose, if it weren't for that annoying noise of some type of gas power directly behind us.

The blindfold is also positively infuriating.

It's as if they could hear my thoughts, that my partner begins to exclaim, "and now for the grand reveal!" I can already tell that they have an extremely large grin on their face, and that they're doing a very dramatic unveiling moment as they whip off the blindfold.

My eyes see blue, lots of shades of blue.

I confusedly look around at my surroundings, upwards, left, right, and, oh no.

"Are we in a hot air balloon?" I whisper, and even I'm shocked at how weak and scared my voice sounds.

Their beaming smile seems to break down instantly after seeing my face.

"Er, uh, yeah, we are. Are you ok? Is something wrong?" Usually, their worry would only amuse me, but as of currently I can't be bothered with that.

I stare downwards at the ground, the cottages and trees looking nothing but tiny blocks. It's horrifying on how high up we are.

They're talking rapidly, asking for my attention, what do I need? Am I ok? But I keep toning them out, only focusing on the tiny thought in my head.

You'll die if you fall.

"Hey, look at me, it'll be ok. Just focus on me." They force my gaze upwards, a tiny smile gracing their features as they lean their forehead onto mine.

"It'll be alright."

Their words echo back and forth in my head, yet they hold so much meaning. A breath I didn't know I was holding escapes me, and I can hear my heart pounding in my chest.

"Breathe with me," they whisper, grasping onto both of my hands as they close their eyes. I can slowly do the same, shakily taking a breath and exhaling in time with them.

We do this for a while, until they snap open their eyes and a smile graces their features.

"I'll never let you fall down."

I believe them.

«●●●

Ew this was bad— and also unedited! Sorry bout that...

Happy new year?