OTP PROMPT 96 / STORY

12/23/2018 — December 23, 2018
Guess what it's my birthday so i will crawl out and update this book for the first time in months 💕💕

Person A and B always go to the same bus stop at the same time, and always ride the same bus together. However, they never talk to each other, other than the casual 'good morning/afternoon/night'.

However, one day it's suddenly pouring rain out, and Person A doesn't have an umbrella.

Person B offers theirs in a silent motion, and it's at that moment they fall in love with the other, even if Person A literally looks the equivalent to a soaked rat.

<OTP PROMPT 96 - 312 words, UNEDITTED>

I had a set schedule with a stranger. At 8:00 am, we would meet up by the bus stop for the 8:05 bus. We never talked much, and would only say good morning before ignoring each other.

I'll be honest, I kind of hate that part.

Sometimes, I would catch them giving me side glances. It makes my heart do some weird flips, and I assume it's cause they're giving me some attention.

Yet sometimes, it's the opposite, and they catch me giving them a glance. You can't really blame me though, can you?

However, I guess that all stopped when I didn't bring an umbrella.

In my defence, the forecast said that it'd be all sunny, without a drop of rain. So I had ignored all of the signs of rain coming from the dark clouds, and had just continued on my merry way.

Yeah, I should not have done that, since I had gotten soaked from head to toe by the time I got to the bus stop.

When I had arrived, my bus pal had already been standing there. With an umbrella of course, since they actually look at the sky.

I must've been quite a scene, as the second they saw me, they had immediately offered their umbrella without saying a word.

I was embarrassed. I didn't really know if I should speak up, tell them how my terrible morning had been, or maybe just stay silent.

Well, it was kinda hard for any option since we were standing literally two centimetres apart.

But unlike me, the stranger had some communication skills, and had softly cleared their throat before speaking.

"Hey, I'm [Person B]. What's your name?"

I think that I had only let out a garbled jumble of words in reply.