Chapter 26

HARRY'S POV

Yesterday I had decided to give up my pride a bit and so I had asked Liam's help. I had mostly wanted to know about his opinions on things and if he thought it was fine to ask Niall to be my boyfriend, but to hide the relationship for a while. 

I wasn't that close with Liam considering I had never been alone with him before but last night I had realised he was a great guy, and he gave really good advice. I felt relieved that I had asked his help, and had opened up to him a little and explained my side of the story. It hadn't been easy but somehow, I had let my guard down and it felt surprisingly good.

Last night before going to bed, I had thought that in a way, New Year's had been my wake up call. I had finally somehow learned my lesson for the hard way of course, and realised I needed to start talking with people and open up to them.

Opening up to Niall had been easy because once I had started talking, the words flew out of my mouth. I was so happy now that he knew everything, even my old habits of messing around with girls and my self harming. Telling him my secrets hadn't felt embarrassing because I had wanted him to know. I guessed it was part of being in love, wanting the other person to know everything about you.

Earlier today I had booked a hotel room for me and Niall, I was going to take him to Manchester for the weekend. I thought we needed it, considering school was starting next week. I wanted a weekend get-away with him so we could relax and spend quality time together. 

I hadn't made any plans for today and I wondered if I should call Niall and ask him out for a coffee or something. Our date had been two days ago and I was already missing him, which wasn't too much of a surprise since I was used to being around him all the time.

Are you busy? x - Harry

I sent the message to Niall and hoped he wasn't busy and he would answer quickly. I wasn't good at the whole waiting thing and sometimes waiting made me frustrated. While waiting for Niall's reply, I decided to change my clothes just in case he wasn't busy and we would do something together.

I smiled when I spotted the hoodie he had bought me for Christmas and I quickly pulled it over my head, breathing in Niall's sent. The hoodie didn't smell like him that much anymore because I had already worn it, and I thought I should make him wear it again, simply because I liked when the hoodie smelled like him.

No, what did you have in mind? x - Niall

I smiled once I saw his reply, and quickly began to type in a new message.

Coffee date? x - Harry

Sure, when and where? x - Niall

Well I'm ready whenever and at the bakery? - Harry

I'll be there in 20 x - Niall

I smiled at his last message and put my phone back to my pocket. I had about 15 minutes before I needed to leave so I decided to find my coat and then try to style my hair. After a few minutes I got frustrated and placed a beanie on my head, deciding it was best to cover my messy curls.

I felt nervous while I was driving to the bakery. I knew I had nothing to be nervous for but the thought of seeing Niall caused my heart to flutter. I was also nervous because it was a public place in our home town, and I couldn't do things like hold his hand or kiss him for that matter. In a way it sucked, but I knew I wasn't brave enough to do anything with him while being in public.

When I arrived to the bakery I saw Niall's car parked down the street. I smiled and started wondering if he was already inside ordering us something, like I had done the day before New Year's when we had met at the bakery.