Chapter One

Minseok and Jongdae are running as fast as their legs can take them. Their pack is under attack and they were told to run until they found another pack nice enough to take them in. They both feel extremely guilty about leaving the others, but they were told by the head alpha to escape, they cannot disobey him.

They both come to a stop at a flowing river heading north. "Should we follow it north? Or track it down south?" Jongdae asks his mate, Minseok, "I think north Dae, there are a few packs up that way. But first, let's have a drink I'm parched." He replies, Jongdae nods his head. They slowly make their way to the river bank and lean in to have a drink.

As they are finishing their drink a gruff and honeyed voice speaks from behind them "Well well well, look what we have here" Minseok and Jongdae's heads whip up and turn around. In front of them stands a tall and muscular rouge alpha wolf. Jongdae stands in front of Minseok protectively, the alpha snorts. "You think a tiny..." he pauses and sniffs the air "beta, can stop me from getting that beautiful omega from behind you?" Another snort, Jongdae speaks up, his voice low and taut. "You will not be touching or going anywhere near my mate."

The rouge alpha ignores him and slowly makes his way forward. The mates shuffle back towards the river. The alpha attacks, Jongdae pushes Minseok into the river and jumps at the alpha. "Chen!" Minseok screams deafeningly, Jongdae howls back. "Swim across! I will follow!" A sinister chuckle comes from the alpha.

The alpha manages to pin Jongdae on the ground, he starts to bite his hind legs and stomach. Jongdae howls out in pain. The small beta bites down on the alphas front leg, crushing and breaking it from the force. The alpha yelps and howls in pain, Jongdae manages to get out of his hold and jumps into the river and swims across to Minseok. Jongdae nuzzles Minseok quickly to let him know he is ok. "C'mon let's go, he might follow" Jongdae quietly croaks out.

They both break out into a run following the river north, they hear a long raucous howl behind them, they don't stop running they, run even faster.

--------------------

Minseok and Jongdae come to a stop after running for hours at the entrance of a cave. Jongdae sniffs around the entrance to make sure no other animal was living there. He nods over to Minseok as a sign that it is clear, they both slowly made their way in. Jongdae goes and lays down to rest his wounded body, Minseok lays down and snuggles into him. They are still in their wolf forms as it is easier to escape from anything and their senses are better.

Minseok starts to clean Jongdae's wounds, Jongdae stays quiet throughout the process. His ears perk up at the sound of crunching leaves and snapping sticks. He slowly stands up, Minseok stays laying down. Jongdae stands protectively over Minseok. Even if he is injured he will protect Minseok at all costs, even though he knows Minseok can protect himself.

Two alphas walked into the entrance of the cave, Jongdae didn't move, neither did Minseok. They both know that they would be in big trouble if they did. "Why are you here?" One of the alphas ask in a calm and ringing voice. "Sorry to intrude, our pack was attacked and we were told to run. We were attacked by a rogue alpha and we ran this way." Minseok paused and looked up at Jongdae, "we can leave if we are bothering anything." The alphas look at each other before looking back and Jongdae and Minseok, they notice the bites and claw marks over Jongdae's hind legs and stomach.

There is high tension in the air, no-one speaks for up for a while. Jongdae and Minseok start to get nervous with the quietness, Jongdae suddenly gets hit with all the pain that had been hidden by adrenaline. He whimpers and stumbles on his feet, Minseok looks up in alarm. Jongdae slowly lays down in front of Minseok, Minseok starts licking his muzzle in an attempt to help him relax.

"I see that you are injured, would you like to come back to our pack house to rest and get healed?" The other alpha asks, Minseok and Jongdae are sceptical about the situation but it's the only chance they would get to get Jongdae healed properly. They both get up, Minseok helping Jongdae. They are both still on guard in case anything happens, they can't trust the alphas too easily.

--------------------

After a small walk, they came up to a large house mostly hidden by trees. "We have already notified our medic that there is someone injured so he will be ready for you when we get there." The honey brown wolf said. Minseok and Jongdae looked at each other with surprise in their eyes, the only way a wolf pack could talk to each other from a large distance away, was if a wolf in their pack had the power to connect all the wolves together. Which was very rare.

Without realising Minseok and Jongdae had walked up to the door, they both stopped and looked inside. Minseok was hiding behind Jongdae in a way, the two alphas turned around noticing that the other wolves were not following them. "You can come in," the cocoa brown wolf said. Jongdae slowly walked inside Minseok following close behind, the alphas lead them to a room full of medical supplies.

The alphas turn back into their human form, clothes on their body. "Could you please turn into your human forms?" The taller, honey brown-haired male said, they both stay still not wanting to leave their stronger form. Another male walks into the room, he has a small smile on his face deep dimples showing. He looks mildly surprised when he spots the two wolves in the room, he points to them with the smile still on his face, the two alphas nod.

"Would you be able to turn into your human forms, please? It will be easier for me to help you," he speaks towards the two wolves. They look at him for a while before deciding that they should so they don't do it by force next time they ask. Minseok and Jongdae turn, Minseok immediately holds onto Jongdae to help him stand. The change had made Jongdae's wounds start bleeding again.

The man with the dimples quickly rushed over to Jongdae and Minseok but they both growl at him, he froze but then looked at them with a stern gaze. He was also an alpha and he was using his rank to help Jongdae and Minseok as they wouldn't let anyone get close to them.