Chapter Four

The room is silent no-one knows what to say, Minseok and Jongdae are still in shock and Baekhyun is standing awkwardly in front of them. "B-Baek, w-we thought you were d-dead?" Baekhyun freezes and looks down at his feet. "I-I was almost d-dead, but the pack I'm in now saved me. I-I wanted to find you guys, but they said it was to d-dangerous."

Jongdae looks down onto the floor, "it was my fault that you and Xiumin almost died, I should have been there to protect you both." His voice is full of guilt. "Jongdae, we have discussed this. You weren't to blame, you got hurt the most mentally from that." Baekhyun responds, his voice stern, "I may have been hurt the most physically, but that heals, what happened to you will be stuck with you."

"Baekhyun is right Dae. You were and are hurt the worst." Minseok adds. Jongdae sighs, "I guess." It goes quiet after that until Baekhyun breaks it. "How did you guys get here anyway?" Curiosity thick in his voice. Jongdae and Minseok look at each other then sigh.

"Well, Baek, the pack was attacked and Head Alpha told us to run, and you know how he is when he is angry. We ran for hours and found a river and had a nice long drink," Minseok looks over to Jongdae who has tensed up and continues, "and a rouge alpha came up to us and well wanted to you know with me, Chen decided to push me into the river and try and fight the alpha alone."

Minseok takes a deep breath and continues, "Chen got pinned down and the alpha started to bite and scratch him, Chen bit one of his front paws so hard he broke it. We then ran for hours again and found a cave, I started to clean his wounds so they would heal faster, then two of your alphas found us and brought us here." He finishes, Baekhyun is silent and so is Jongdae.

"Chennie you look tired are you ok?" Baekhyun asks, "hmm? Oh, yeah I'm a bit tired after the attack, I might have a sleep you guys can join if you want." He replies with a small smile on his face. "We will, it will be like the old times again," Baek replies as Jongdae is laying down in the middle of the single bed. He lies down facing Baekhyun, Minseok hops up and back hugs him and last but not least Baekhyun huddles and puts his head in Jongdae's neck. It doesn't take long for the trio to fall asleep.

--------------------

The alphas go in to check on them as Baekhyun hasn't come out yet. Junmyeon peeks his head in and smiles, "What are you smiling at hyung?" Chanyeol asks, Junmyeon ignores him and walks into the room with the others following. A small smiles form of the faces of the others and they spot the three all huddled up on the bed together. Chanyeol was feeling a bit of jealousy but he pushed it aside knowing that the beta was already mated.

The four alphas sat down on the chairs against the opposite wall of the trio huddled up on the bed and started talking. "Junmyeon what are we going to do with the wolves snuggled with Baek on the bed?" Yifan asks, Junmyeon takes in a deep breath and looks over to the bed. "Baekhyun seems to know them, they are also very kind. I will probably ask them to join, but I need everyone to agree on it." He replies, the other alphas nod in agreement.

There is movement coming from the bed and the alphas look over to see Baekhyun slowly sitting up to not disturb the mates. He rubs his eyes with a closed fist, not noticing the alphas yet. He opens his eyes and jumps at the sight of the four alphas quietly sitting on the chairs. Baekhyun slowly removes Jongdae's arm that was wrapped around his waist, Jongdae whimpers at the loss but Baekhyun puts his arm over Minseok's that is wrapped around Jongdae's waist. Jongdae snuggles back against Minseok and soon little snores are heard again.

"What are you guys doing here?" Baekhyun asks quietly as he makes his way over to the alphas and sits down on Chanyeol's lap. "We came to check on you since you hadn't come out for a while," Yixing answers, "don't worry those two won't do anything to me, or any of us," Baekhyun says knowing that the alphas were doubting the mates snuggled up on the bed. "They're like big puppies when you get to know them," Baekhyun looks down, "well maybe not anymore" he adds quietly. "What do you mean 'not anymore' Baek, what happened, are they ok?" Yixing asks, Baekhyun winces at a memory and shakes his head. "It isn't my place to tell, sorry Yixing hyung." "That's ok Baek," Yixing nods. A peaceful silence falls on the room.

"Let's leave them to rest guys, c'mon Kyungsoo said he is preparing dinner for us," Yixing tells the alphas and omega. They leave the room and let the mates continue sleeping.

--------------------

Jongdae and Minseok wake up after a while. Jongdae reaches out for Baekhyun and started to panic when he couldn't feel him. He opened his eyes in distress, "Baekhyun" he calls out to the room, he calls his name louder and louder each time the distress in his body increasing as well. Minseok pulls him to sit on the bed when Jongdae gets up to look around. "He will be fine Jongdae, he has been here for a year now." Minseok tries to calm him down but it is showing up ineffective.

Jongdae starts howling out to Baekhyun, Minseok howls and growls at Jongdae trying to calm him down. The scent of an alpha getting closer to the room made Jongdae and Minseok stop howling. Jongdae grabbed Minseok and jumped off the bed to find a place to hide.