Chapter Five

Just as Jongdae found a place for him and Minseok to hide, the alpha ran into the room. He looked around frantically when he couldn't see the two mates. Soon several feet were heard running towards the room, Jongdae pushed Minseok further and further back into the hideout as much as he could, which wasn't very far, he ignored his wounds but was careful not to open them again.

Another alpha entered the room with an omega and a beta. Baekhyun's scent wafted over to the mates, Jongdae almost ran out of the hideout to Baekhyun to bring him to hide but realised that there were two alphas and a beta in the room with them. Jongdae growled quietly.

Baekhyun realised that Jongdae had been howling for him because he thought he was taken again and when he smelt Yixing's scent it made him find a place to hide thinking that the alpha wanted to hurt him and Minseok. Also, by having two alphas and a beta in the room was not helping the situation. Baekhyun looked over to Yixing, Chanyeol and Tao and motioned for them to leave.

Chanyeol and Tao looked a bit sceptical but left with Yixing anyway. He turned back towards the bed trying to smell the mates and was successful. He howled quietly telling Jongdae and Minseok to come out as it was safe. He saw movement from under one of the beds, he smiles lightly. He hears Jongdae talking to Minseok with little whines, barks and yelps. 

After a while, Jongdae and Minseok emerge out from under the bed. Jongdae has a relieved look on his face when he sees Baekhyun unharmed. He is still cautious in case it is a trap, but Baekhyun's smile seems so real.

Baekhyun's smile faltered a little bit, Jongdae tensed and Minseok stayed calm knowing why Baekhyun ran up here with the alphas and beta. "Why were you howling Chennie? Did something happen? Were you in pain?" Baekhyun worries.

"I was scared when I woke up and you weren't there, I thought the alphas did something to you," Jongdae looks down at the floor as he finishes the sentence. Baekhyun and Minseok sigh. It's all because of them, they think. Minseok wraps his arms around Jongdae and forms a back hug, Baekhyun wraps his arms around Jongdae's waist and reached around to hug Minseok as well. 

Kyungsoo walked into the room quietly and cleared his throat, Jongdae jumped and Baekhyun and Minseok calmly unwrapped themselves from Jongdae. "Dinner's ready" was all Kyungsoo said before he left the room again.

Jongdae was still frozen after Kyungsoo left, "c'mon guys, let's go get dinner. Kyungsoo is a really good cook by the way."

--------------------

The silence at the dinner table is far from comfortable, no one has said anything since Jongdae, Minseok and Baekhyun arrived.

Junmyeon cleared his throat and everyone looked at him. "I would like to ask the pack members a serious question." Jongdae and Minseok look back down to their plates as they weren't needed in the conversation.

"Who here agrees on asking if Chen and Xiumin would like to stay in the pack?" Jongdae and Minseok look up in surprise, Baekhyun has the biggest smile on his face as he looks over towards the mates. Everyone puts their hands up agreeing to what Junmyeon said. Junmyeon nods and looks over to the beta and omega. "Would you like to join us, Chen and Xiumin?" They look at each other before nodding, "we would love to alpha." They respond. Cheers break out across the room and Baekhyun looks like he is almost about to cry.

Jongdae gives Minseok a peck on the lips as if saying 'we made it, we've found home again.'

--------------------

Not long after Jongdae and Minseok left their old pack they felt the bond break, meaning that the Head Alpha had been killed, the other members who had survived became rouges since they didn't belong in a pack anymore. The ritual for joining a pack was different for each pack, no one had the same joining ritual. Some packs have a long and difficult process, some you have to prove yourself, and others you just have to say an oath of some sorts. 

Joining the EXO Pack wasn't difficult at all, Minseok and Jongdae had to say an oath and be accepted by the Head Alpha and pack. After they were accepted a bright light washed over them both and they felt a small amount of energy jolt through them, not in a painful way at all. It was almost soothing.

Baekhyun howled in happiness and Jongdae and Minseok joined in. It was their first time being together again and happy after a few years. After the incident, they all weren't the same Jongdae gained a fear of alphas and betas as he was hurt the most mentally and somewhat physically, Baekhyun was hurt the most physically but that was it and Minseok was the second worst with physical injuries but it wasn't as bad as Baekhyun.