2013.2

It's been four days since Celia's art exhibition. Today was tuesday. Tuesday, what a fucking boring day. Tuesday is literally the most boring day in the week. I have the most boring classes and as being the girlfriend for a very important businessman's son, I have to eat lunch with Dean's dad every Tuesday. That's what makes today even more hard-hitting. I get up. Dean is peacefully sleeping. I run my fingers through his hair. In Portuguese, they even have a verb for that. 

Cafuné.

We met when we were 16. In Minnesota. Yeah, we are High School Sweethearts. We met while at a college-applicators office. I think it was for Cornell. They rejected us both, that's how we met. 

I woke up early cause I have Shakespearean Literature class at 08.00 A.M. 

Because we didn't made grocery shopping since last week, our fridge was empty. I'll get something from Starbucks.

-

University's Starbucks was probably full right now. Columbia is famous for their morning classes. So, I went to the Starbucks that is two blocks away from the campus. I ordered coffee mocha because that is the only coffee I could bear to drink. While I was waiting for my coffee, I saw a familiar face, 

Timothée's.

I was again daydreaming again but the barista literally shouted; "Caffé Mocha for Alex"

I saw Timothée looking at my way but I don't want to talk to him. If I'll  give him a seat in my life-ride, I'll always want to ride that roller coaster next to him.

I get out of the coffee shop and take a deep breath. I put on my headphones. Irma Thomas' "Anyone Who Knows What Love Is" starts to play. This song played on one of my favorite TV Shows, Black Mirror and since then I couldn't stop listening/singing the song.

-

It was a difficult class. I love Shakespeare's stories but his storytelling is really weird. My next class was French. The only good thing today. (Or maybe not) After that the living hell was gonna start. Lunch with Dirk Hubbard, the richest person of the state Minnesota.

Me, Dirk and Dean were gonna meet in one of the restaurants in the fancy hotel that Mr. Hubbard always stays. I came to the hotel entrance but I can't see Dean. We were suppose to enter the building together. I look through my phone. 

There was a message from Dean that said: " I'm here, where the hell are you?"

I look around and saw Dean. He was smoking. He noticed me and immediately put out his cigaratte.

He came next to me and said: "If you say anything about this to my father, I'll murder you."

He looks at how I dressed like I was a part of a freak show and said: "What the hell are you wearing?"

I wore a maxi black skirt and a red, velvet tank top.  

I said: "None of your business."

He grabs my arm and said: "It is my goddamn business, I'm your boyfriend."

I replied: "That doesn't change the fact that I'm dressing for myself, not for you."