2014.4

The bike shop that Timmy rented the bike was on my street so we left the bike there and walked to my place. I was getting a lot of "Before Sunset" vibes.

Just us, walking and talking.

"How are your parents?" I asked.

"They're amazing. They came back two weeks ago."

"How is your mom?" he asked.

"She is fine, I guess. I don't think she is that happy to be working in Dunkin' Donuts."

Why did I say that? Now it's awkward.

"I was gonna ask you before, have you ever been to Bahrain?"

"No, but when I was six my aunt came to Minnesota. I don't remember her that well, but my mom once said that she was the only one in her family that was supportive to her going to college and moving here."

Why was I keep telling him about my past? My mom's closed minded family, shouldn't be our subject right now.

"How about your father?" he asked.

"According to my mom, they met while her regularly police station visits. Then he moved to Oklahoma City and my mom followed him. They got married there. He died when my mom was pregnant for five months to the bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building."

"We actually visited the building when I was 10 or so. The memorial is really beautiful."

An awkward silence later: "Then my mom returned to Minnesota and I was born as an American-Arabic baby."

We came to my apartment and went upstairs.

I unlocked the door and welcomed him inside.

"Your roomate's not home?" he asked.

"No, she went to the library." I replied.

He was looking through our stuff. The last time he was here, he couldn't have a chance because he was butt-ass naked.

"Want anything to eat?" I asked.

"A cup of coffee would be nice." he replied.

I look through the cupboard and said: "We are currently out of coffee service." with a metro-lady voice.

"Want hot-coco?"

"Yes!" he replied with an excited voice.

I started making the hot chocolates while I could feel his eyes staring at my way.

-

It took about five minutes to make it but eventually we drink our milk-based hot coco's in front of each other while chatting.

"So tell me about you, I barely know your past." I suggested.

"I was born here, in New York City. Well, not in Manhattan, Bronx but we moved to Manhattan when I was nine-or-so. I went to LaGuardia Arts High School. At around 15-16, I made awful, terrible rap videos."