Entering Into Trouble

I was sitting in the front seat with Houka flying the plane. Zivaya was playing with her Ghost, Nycta. My Ghost, Gigani was resting in my lap. Houka was discussing things with her Ghost, Hovo. A few hours ago, we had stopped a scavenging alien race from damaging the moon's main colony. Hovo decided to contact Commander Zavala and Ikora.

"Commander? Ikora?" He asked.

"There was static and a faint voice, but it left and the transmission cut.

"This is isn't good. Karza, can you try anything on your side?" Houka asked me.

"Yes. Let me try." I said. I nudged Gigani and told her what Houka asked. Gigani nodded and searched the comms.

"I've got nothing, I think there's something wrong." Gigani said. Even though it was distressful, her smooth British accent still calmed me slightly.

"We must go check to see if everyone is okay!" Nycta said worriedly.

"Yeah! What Nycta said." Zivaya said.

"Hey, Houka?" Hovo asked.
"Yes?"
"Remember when I said to not fly fast?" Houka nodded. "Forget I said that. Fly fast!" He said. Houka and I smiled and pushed the acceleration lever further. The plane shot forward faster. Zivaya's head smacked against the back.
"Ow!" She exclaimed.

"Ziv! Why aren't you buckled up?" I asked angrily.

"Because the strap hurts my boobs!" She said whining.

"I don't care. Buckle up!" I said rolling my eyes. I heard her sigh and then heard the click of the buckle.

Houka started to chuckle.

"What?" I asked.

"I love you two." Houka said chuckling.

I was about to respond when we arrived at the main ship. It was on fire and there were explosions and fire everywhere.

"Oh....no...." Gigani said in a gasp.

"What happened??" Nycta asked.

"It looks like an invasion....." I said. It was upsetting to see the ship in such a condition.

We all looked at the Traveler. It had a large ship attached to it. It reminded me of and leech. The sky was filled with dark smoke clouds. It made everything seem so weary. Red lightning flashed everywhere. As we got closer, I could hear alarms blaring and distant screams. Houka turned the plane to land. We all got out and Zivaya floated out. We walked through a door and Nycta gasped.

"Oh no!" She said.

There were flames everywhere and many things were broken. The air was hard for us to breathe because of all the smoke.

"Let's get moving. We need to find Zavala, Ikora, and Cayde." Hovo said.

"Cayde? Yes please!" Zivaya said gleeful. I rolled my eyes.

We walked around the room looking around. There was a small opening behind a bunch and rocks. I walked up to it suspiciously. The rocks blew up and behind the rocks, there was a Cabal soldier. It looked at me and growled. I pulled out my hand cannon and fired at the beast. The first shot hit its leg, the second hit its sternum, and the third was directly in its left eye. It let out a pained grunt and fell to the ground.

"Good one." Houka said.

She gave me a thumbs up and we went passed the dead body of the Cabal soldier.

"Wait, this doesn't make sense..." Gigani said.

"What?" I asked.

"The Cabal conquer systems by blowing up planets. Why haven't they blown up Earth?" She asked worriedly.