Secret crush Au

Its just Mr. Blue with a better name

I realized many people probably dont know what the Mr Blue is (one of the prompts for when I hit 100 followers) so I'm going to do a sample of it, short and sweet.

Art credit to Raiyakun

ENjOy//

Lance was laying in his bed, half asleep, lissening to the loud blaring from his blue cased phone that was made to look like a cat, two silicone ears poking out from both sides at the top. He hated the sound, because he knew it ment he had to get up, put on the ridiculous blue cat costume, and walk around in the blazing heat without talking.

After A fire broke out at his last house, the McClain family could afford another house big enough for all 7 children and offspring, along with Lances beloved parents, so Lance, along with his older brother and sister were left to fend for themselves.

Lance's best friend, Hunk Garrett, offered to help him start renting a place until he could find a job. Lance hater it. He always hated freeloading off other people, because it made him feel bad. So, a week after moving into the old, run down, but cheap, appartment, Lance got himself a job working as Mr Blue at the Lion park. The other lions were all statues, a red, green, yellow, and black lion, that you could find at all four corners of the park. Mr Blue was the lion that you could find walking around the park. Lance remembered going to see the large fluffy lion when he was younger, and the only reason he took the job was for that reason, so that other kids could enjoy Mr. Blue.

He thought it would be more excitable, but Lance soon found out that the reason that no one took the job was the heat of spending 5 hours in a stuffed cat suit, and all the 6 year old children that chatted of his ear, cried, or clung to him like he was a jungle gym. There was three reasons he stayed.

First of all, the job paid 25 dollars an hour, Monday through Saturday. He really needed that money. Second, as much as they were annoying, he had to admit he adored the small children and seeing their faces light up when they saw Mr. Blue. Lastly, Keith Kogane.

When Lances house burnt to the ground, Lance stayed at an officers house for a week. Takashi Shirogone. He had a younger brother, Keith. Though he rarely came out of his room, Lance learned a ton about him. He enjoyed his company as well. When he did move, he moved into Hunks school district, which Keith was also in. Though he didnt admit it for a while, he had a huge crush on Keith. Every day, after school, Keith would go to this park and stay near the lake and take a nap. Lance made sure not to let him outnof his sight, in case some creeper came along. But he loved the rush his heart got when he passed or was around Lance. The only person who knew about his job and identity was his boss, which just happened to be hunk. Hunk was in charge of the park, but no one would know that. He ran a "foodN'Stuff" truck in the center of the park, where Keith spent a lot more of his time, chatting with hunk.

{Present time: School}

"L-Lance, I like you!" A young blonde girl by the name of Stevie nervously yelled in the middle of the hallway. Lance stood there for a minute and patted her head.

"I'm sorry Stevie, but I can't accept. I hope we can be friends thought!" Lance said in the most polite way possible. The girl blushed and nodded, swayed by his gentle manner, and walked to her next class. Few people around him, who were Hunk and his girlfriend Shay, Keith, and Pidge. Pidge and Hunk burst out laughing.

"Seriously? You constantly complain how you dont have a date, but whenever someone asks you out, you always decline!" Pidge yelled out, laughing.

Lance looked at his feet, blushing. "I just... I dont like Stevie like that." He said. "And everyone else who does are all jerks about it." He said, looking back up.

Keith spoke up from behind. "Um... Guys, we are gonna miss lunch if we don't hurry." He said, pointing to the clock. They all went flying to the cafeteria.

{After school, Lances house}

Lance laid in his bed, glaring at him alarm. He lazily reached over and turned it off, only to hear hunk outside, yelling at him. "Don't you dare turn off that alarm! I know you heard it! Come out here now, or you can walk in a big blue cat outfit to the park!" Hunk yelled from outside the thin walled apartment.

Lance groaned and lazily picked up his sore and tired body and zipped up the giant cat suit, putting on the cat head, just to be safe from any wondering children. It wasnt fun when a child saw the blue lion without a lion head.

"Okay, okay, I'm coming. Wait up." He said, his voice muffled as it came through the cats large, unrealistic head. He slipped in the car as hunk began to drive off.

After a long day of working, and almost time for lance to go home, when he saw a familiar figure sulking on a bench. Keith? What's Keith doing here this late? He never stays this late.. He thought to himself. Thinking something may have been wrong, lance grabbed a small, silicon flower from the pouch on his hips, walking up to Keith and silently holding out the small, fake flower.

This action took Keith by surprise, but he smiled and took the flower. "Hi Mr Blue." He said. "Mr Blue" only waved.

"Oh, thats right. Cant talk." He said. "You... You dont mind if I can talk to you... Right?" He asks, fidling with the silicon blue flower keychain. Lance sat down next to Keith and nodded. Keith simply smiled.

"Its just... This person... Who I really hold up high in my heart... I'm scared this person is going to be swept away by some girl and it wont be the same ever again." He said, his words spilling out shakily as his face lit up red.

Lance gave his shoulder a little nudge and made a little heart with his hands. Keith blushed and nodded, lookijg a the floor. This stung lances heart, but to be this close to him was enough. He wanted to be there for Keith.

"Yeah. I do like them. I only wish I could do something. I just cant. They dont like me like that. Hell, I'd be lucky if they wouldnt look at me like I was garbage." He said, huffing. Lance grabbed out his phone and handed it to Keith, and took Keith's phone from his pocket. He took off the thick gloves that covered his hands, only revealing his tan skin as he typed in his number, naming it Mr. Blue.

Keith smiled and did the same, giving Mr Blue a smile. Lanced heart did four somersaults and jumped from his chest. "I'll make sure to text you when I need you, okay? Ill meet you here everyday. It was nice letting out my thoughts." He said.

Lance smiled to himself as Keith waved goodbye. This was going to be a wonderful relationship.

Credit to Raiyakun on Instagram and Tumblr