1

Cody POV
It's been 5 months since I was arrested, I hate it here. I don't even remember why I was arrested in the first place, I was to off my face. But since being in here I've cleaned up for the sake of my brother and mother, my brother comes in for visits once and while but I haven't seen my mother.
Today's been a boring as every other day,  I wake up, what for head call and then what in my cell for an hour until they get breakfast ready. They had just finished the head count and I am now laying in my bed waiting, the doors to my cell opened and an a guard was soon there.

"Cody Culp come with me," he said, I stood up and waited for him to place the handcuffs on.

"you're getting out," he added,  I was sort of shocked that I was getting out 3 years early. But why am I getting out, I started to walk towards the exit of the prison. Gaurds walked behind me as I walked, men from other cells yelled and threw things as the Gaurds behind me looked at them. Walking in to a room, the sound of the other imates yelling dimmed down. In the room there was an officer sitting at a desk holding a plastic bag, he then picked up a piece of paper and placed it in front of me.

"sign it Culp, you'll report to your school at 9 am, or we'll have your ass right back here, you violate an terms of your parole we'll be waiting here with open arms, " he smiled as he handed me the plastic bag. Looking at it I could tell they were my clothes that I wore before getting arrested. I grabbed it,  and an officer guided me to a room where I got quickly changed in to my old clothes. It felt weird, but I liked being back in my old clothes again. I left the room and the officer began to walk towards the exit of the building,  I followed. He opened the door,  and held it open as I walked through.

"show them your paper work and they'll open the gate," he told me, I nodded. I don't talk much to officers because j knew they can get you in to trouble for anything you say. Leaving the building,  I could see 2 officers staying by the gates, but on the other side I could see my younger brother Angel and my close friend Sunny. I showed the officers my paper work and they open the gate, walking through the gates the smile on my brothers face made me see hope in him. He quickly jumped out of my red
Cadillac Eldorado 1955 and ran to me, I won the car off a bet. My brother and Sunny have been taking care of it for me,

"how have you been?" he asked.

"it was alright," I told him as I gave him a hug.

"you look like Shit Angel," I added, he looked sick and his hair had grown out and was wearing gang colours.

"what do you mean?" he asked,

"he's a bad little dude," Sunny spoke up.

"yeah I'm getting jumped in next week, " Angel told me, I thought he wasn't going to join a gang. I can't see my little brother getting hurt,

"let's get out of here," I said as I opened the driver door,

"I'm driving," Angel smiled. I shook my head,

"backseat," I told him,

"come on, " he complained as he jumped in to the backseat, Sunny jumped in to the passenger side. I started the engine and started to drive towards school, I have an hour to get there for my parole. I'm not going back in,  I need to be out here to look after Angel.

"wanna get high? " Sunny asked pulling a clear plastic bag full of little containers.

"what is it? "I asked,

"Edge, the best new high since Skin," he told me as he passed Angel a little container he then opened it and inhale what ever the drug us, then Sunny did some. I'm staying straight, I then grabbed the container from my brother and here it out of the window.

"hey,  what was that for, " Angel comaplined,

"what did they do to you in there man?" Sunny asked.

"you used to loved getting wrecked with your brothers, " Sunny brought up,

"times change brother , " I told him simply. He then turned his head away from me and look out the window,  I don't care if he's and at me, I'm doing this for my family. Someone needs to look after them, I turned in to a street and instantly I knew I was in the Razorheads territory. Cars were broken in to and on fire, house were damaged and boys as young as 12 were on the streets.

"cops gave this place up, " Sunny giggled, then my brother grabbed my shoulder.

"we can't go this away,  Razorheads own this whole area man," he told me. I slowly down and continued to drive to school. I wasn't going to turn around,

"get us out of here Cody, " Sunny told me.  I ignored him, as I drove through the streets Razorheads followed behind us. Then sitting in a car,  I could see Mook. Looking as fucked up as ever, I pulled up next to him.  Hes shaved all his hair off since I saw him last and he's got more scars on his face.

"well hello C-C-Cody,  meet any nice boys in prison," he smirked with his brother Milt next to him.

"yeah you should of been there,  they would have liked you," I told him, then Sunny spoke up.

"see you at school assholes, " Mook then tried to jump on to the car,  but slipped off. Cars began to follow us, I back to speed up and drift corners urging distance between me and other cars.

"get that Cody kill him, " I heard Mook yell from the car behind us,  then I could hear him shots. I kept my head low,

"keep you heads down, " I yelled at Sunny and Angel who were panicking.

"get out of here!"

"get us the fuck out of here! "

"shut up," I told them, and continued to drive. I drove through an empty old wooden she'd making it exploded when the car hit it,  Mook and Milt still were behind us, I saw an opening. Between two abandoned cars the was a gap big enough for my car but not his, as I drove through the cars Sunny and Angel looked behind us. Mook's car hit one of the abandoned car and stopped instantly. God I missed watching Mook fail,

"it looks like Mook is going to be a little late for school, " I smirked.