Chapter Three: Set

Thunder roared, lightning flashed, muffled screams echoed throughout the room and rain poured heavily in the night. His steps were heard clearly, like horseshoe against cobblestone.

Everything was in chaos, with him on the throne.

So why did he feel so...dissatisfied? So empty?

Aiden scoffed and shook his head, staring out into the rain with his hands behind his back, fidgeting with a single egg, with spots different colored from the base.

The throne room was very open, a few bookshelves, patterned carpet, and silver and gold walls with a delicate print. He stood on the edge, one of the openings showing the small dirt path and a single tree.

Thoughts roamed his head as he bit his lip, so hard that he soon tasted blood. He wiped his lip on his sleeve and stared at the red stain.

The door suddenly burst open and the sounds of screams and explosions got louder, but returned back to its normal sound after it closed. He turned around to look.

"I won't stand for this!" A woman shouted angrily. "You will return back to where you came from-you. You're behind all this!"

Aiden gave her a bored smile, showing he was unimpressed at the sight in front of him. Maya and Gil held her back as she struggled helplessly and weak in their arms. She had black hair, green eyes, and wore a gold outfit, now torn and ripped. They were all drenched from the rain.

"The Founder. Supposed 'leader' of this pathetic city. I'll be honest, I was expecting some sort of a fight." He said dryly, making her seethe in anger. Gil and Maya grinned evilly.

"Why you-why would you even do this? No one here caused any harm to you-" she exclaimed, desperation in her voice. Aiden just shook his head.

"Don't take it personal. I would've done this to any world I stepped into." He replied, making her stare at him in disbelief. "Now, I'll cut to the chase. You order your people to view me as their king, and I will let you go with them, free and unharmed. I stop releasing mobs on the people."

The Founder's eyes gleamed with anger as she clenched her fists.

"The people of Sky City will never bow to you!"

Aiden just shook his head, unsurprised.

"They will, either way." He replied firmly. "You see, this city, it's just so-naive. They don't know how to fight, how to resist. And they'd do anything for their precious little leader."

Her eyes widened in fear, as she struggled even harder. He grinned, flashing his teeth.

"Don't you hurt them!" She yelled at him, trying to stomp on Maya's feet. In return, the Blaze Rod elbowed her in the stomach and made her double over in pain.

"So when they see you, at my mercy. They'll do anything to set you free, to keep you out of harm." Aiden exclaimed, staring at the egg in his hands. "So you see, I win either way."

"No, you can't do this-!" The Founder cried, before Gil pulled her backwards to make her shut up.

"Bring her to the dungeons," he ordered. "And Gil, make sure to lock the cell."

His cheeks turned a faint pink and he nodded, and along with Maya, they led the now former leader of Sky City to her own prison.

***

"We've got a whole world, just to ourselves." Maya smirked, brushing a strand of brown hair out of her face. "What do you wanna do now?"

"Use the citizens as target practice?" Gil suggested, shrugging.

"Do you really think we're done?" Aiden snapped, making them both flinch. His eyes were dark, filled with something unknown. It was scary, even to them. "We've still got a job to do."

He gripped the spawn egg in his hand tighter.

"You two are going to do something for me..."