•T H I R T Y S E V E N•

Riley's POV

"Do you think he saw us?!" Robin basically kicks the apartment door down. Killer immediately charges at our ankles, barking at us so loudly his little body shakes.

"I'm going to throw up." I choke, stepping over Killer so I don't trip over him.

"Why was he even in that part of town? That's not his scene. There's no liquor stores or people to sell to. He doesn't even wake up till five pm till the bars start serving!" Robin pulls on her dark hair so hard I think she's going to pry it out by the fistful.

"I'm going to throw up." I sink down onto the couch, feeling my stomach knot up.

"What are we going to do if he saw us?!"

"I'm going to throw up." I repeat, feeling my jaw clench up. We both flinch as the door creaks open. Jamie's red head pops through the crack, making both Robin and I take a shaky breath of relief.

"How could you do that?" Jamie breathes, her freckled face is crumpled in a heart broken expression. "You left me."

"I..I" there's so many things I want to say. I want to pour my heart out to her. I want to tell her how I didn't mean to, how it was one of the hardest things I've done since that Chantel incident. I want to get off my ass, hold her tight against me, and murmur into her red locks how I had to do that for her her own good, and how I'm beyond relieved to see she's safe and sound. Yet, my feet don't move- nothing comes out of my mouth, and Jamie is still looking at me with that hurt filled gaze.

"I'm sorry." Out of the thousands of words in the English language, I can't manage to string together anything besides those two words. They feel flimsy on my tongue, and sound worthless in the air.

"You pushed me out of the car." Jamie's voice shakes. "You pushed me out of the car, and left me behind on the street."

"I...I," I try to find the exact words for one of those big heartfelt, poetic speeches you see in movies, but can't find anything other than that pathetic sorry.

"Please," Jamie breathes, "please give me one good reason. Just one. Just one reason as to why you push me out of a car. Tell me a reason so I can try to understand." Jamie pleads, her hands beginning to shake as much as her voice.

"We had a good reason," Robin finally speaks up in a tight voice."I'd ask if you were okay, but you're not, and I'm sorry." Robin does what I'm dying to do. I watch in envy as Robin rushes at the sad redhead, and embraces her tightly.

There's a lot of things I've wanted throughout my life, but lately all I want anymore is to stop hurting Jamie.

"Try to make me understand what happened," Jamie reluctantly wraps her arms around Robin. Her green eyes burn into me, pleading to make the hurting stop. "I want to forgive you. Just give me a good enough reason. I want an explanation, so I can stop feeling like this. I don't want to be mad, I don't want to resent anyone, I hate hating others."

"We paniked," Robin clutches Jamie even tighter. "we pushed you out as an emergency exit. We were trying to make sure you weren't in harms way."

"Harms way of what?" Jamie breaks the hug to search Robin's face for answers, but doesn't find anything but smudged dark eye shadow.

"So, this is where you've been playing house, Riley." I feel ice water run down my back at the sound of his voice. For a brief moment, I truly thought I died, and found myself in hell. Instead, I realize I'm living a fucking nightmare. Nate kicks the door in with his bloody combat boots. The brand new knob smashing into the wall with such a brutal force, a hole ruptures in the wall from the impact. Like the Boogeyman, he fills up the entire doorway with his form as he enters. Killer immediately starts barking ferociously as loud as his little body allows him. Nate's crazy green eyes dash around, inspecting the one place I call home since high school.