•T W E L V E•

Jamie's POV

I just want to lie here all day. For the first time in two years I ignored my alarm clock instead of immediately getting ready for a long day of work. Instead, I'm tucked in toasty blankets, glued to Riley.

I've never been more comfortable in my whole life than I am now.

"Aren't you getting up for work?" Riley mumbles in my ear sleepily, not opening his dark eyes.

"Soon." I answer quietly. Accepting my answer Riley's arms tighten around me, pulling me against him. Stretching my arms around his firm torso I bury my head into the crock of his neck, not sure if I'm getting up for the day at all.

------

"I didn't know you could sleep in." Riley scoffs, watching me pull myself together for work from my messy bed. I didn't know I could either.

"It was only ten minutes." I shrug off, running my fingers through my red hair in an attempt to tame it. Now I'm running ten minutes behind schedule, and the bus could roll away without me if I don't hurry. Riley laughs as I scramble around with my toothbrush lodged in my mouth.

"Alright, let's go." Riley sighs as he climbs out of my bed.

"Go? Go where?" I ask as Riley pulls on his jeans and black hoodie. Looking away I ignore the flips in my stomach as he dresses. I don't understand how I can be attracted to someone get dress. I don't understand how someone can make putting on clothes sedative.

"To the bakery." Riley states. I raise a red brow at him. Riley doesn't get up before noon most days.

"Want a donut that badly?" I joke nervously, my back to him.

"Oh, that's a good idea." Riley sounds happier than I've ever heard him. Although, I've only known him for a short while.

"I'm taking you to work." He explains, the jingle of keys sounding off. "Oh, and Jamie you can turn around now." He scoffs. With red cheeks I slowly turn around, watching him double knot his shoes.

"You really don't have to, Riley. It's literally dawn. Go back to bed, and sleep for a bit longer." I insist.

"I hate when people say that crud. I don't like the idea of you riding the bus. Anyone could easily drag you off, or follow you. Plus, now I want a donut." Riley's glare slowly disappears as his rant turns to donuts.

"Are you saying you're worried about me?" I hide my grin. Freezing up, Riley glares me down, looking like he tastes something foul in his mouth.

"Shut up, Jamie." He grumbles. "Just for that I'm letting you take the bus, but still getting a damn donut." Riley rushes out.

"Wait!" I run after him.

Riley's POV

"For someone who refuses to eat transfat, you make great donuts." I mumble around a mouthful of donut. From my spot at the counter I watch Jamie hurriedly knead dough behind the counter. Done with the bread dough she hurriedly stuffs trays of unbaked cupcakes into one of the many ovens. Then the redhead flys to the opposite end of the kitchen and starts frosting cakes.

"I didn't know there was so much work in a bakery." I state, suddenly realizing how much work Jamie has put into each donut I'm devouring. Does she work this hard every morning? All by herself? When Jamie is not paying attention I pull a crinkled hundred dollar bill from my cut of last night's run, and stuff it into the tip jar by the register.

She's so busy she doesn't answer. Through the dimness of the bakery I can see her brow furrowed. Leaving the donuts behind, I venture behind the counter next to the redhead and tug her apron off her waist.