16

"well, as you know..my mom is sick. she's been in a coma for three months and well i'm getting worried. you know she's the only one i have now."

"hmm."

"the reason i dm-ed you that day was to tell you about my mom's condition. i remember how close you two were; you were the son she always wanted and well, i thought i should let you know so you could meet her and maybe that will bring strength for her...but i thought it would be rude to say that to you out of nowhere. especially when we haven't talk in years."

"you know i'd be more than happy to meet her."

"of course but i didn't want you to think i was just using you. i swear, that wasn't my intention."

jinyoung smiled, "even if you ask me for money, i would gladly give you, hee. do you need help with your mom's treatment? i know what you've been busy with. part-time job, isn't it?"

"how do you know?"

"i have my ways, heh. so, if you need any sort of help, tell me, okay? i'm always here for you, hee. and i hope you'll be here for me, too."

heeyoung started to tear up. what did she do to earn someone as caring as jinyoung?

"why are you so kind to me, jinyoung-ah? i-i feel guilty now."

"ah, how can i not be kind with you? this is embarrassing but i never did move on from you. you don't know how happy i was when i received your messages."

"i-"

"it's okay if you don't feel the same. sorry for making it awkward," jinyoung added quickly. "anyways, when can i visit your mom?"

•••

i'm sorry for being inactive these pst few days :' but anyways, since i had an interaction with bae jinyoung two days ago (not rlly lol) i'm in the mood to update my books! AHAHHA well that's all :)