Chapter 4: Birthday Party

"Alex! get the door please!" Kara yells from the kitchen as she grabs a few bottles of beer and places them on the table.

Kara and Alex spent all Saturday morning preparing for Kara's birthday party, nobody had showed up yet but the knock on the door indicated that someone had made it.

"Happy birthday sweety" Eliza says as she walks in and gives Kara a big hug.

"I'm so glad to see you" Kara squeezes her tighter, as she hasn't seen Eliza in a while and missed her deeply.

Soon enough people starting walking in, Winn, J'onn, James, the whole crew came.

"Happy birthday Kara" Each of them took turns wishing Kara a happy birthday.

Everyone had settled down and were sitting in their living room playing a game together, which Alex took very seriously. "Damn it!" She yelled as she lost to Winn, again.

Kara's laughing was interrupted as they heard a knock on the door.

"I'll get it!" The blonde hurriedly stood up and went to open the door. "Lena! you made it" Kara says as she gives Lena a hug.

"Yeah of course, I wouldn't miss this for the world" Lena says smiling at her, Kara took Lena's jacket and placed it on the rack and they both walked in to the living room and everyone turned to look at them.

"Guys, this is Lena Luthor" Kara says introducing her. "We used to go to high-school together".
Lena cut her off "In fact I was the school president" She says proudly.

Everyone smirks and looks at each other, because they all knew about Kara's crush on the "cute school president" and how she wouldn't stop talking about her.

Kara catches Winn giving Alex a questioning look, which Alex just nods to, a smirk appearing on her face.

"Anywaysss, the foods almost ready so Lena make yourself at home" Kara quickly says to avoid anymore comments, but gave everyone a deadly stare as if to say to 'keep your mouths shut'.

After she set the table and everyone sat down, they began talking about random things. talking about Kara and how she was when she was younger, her high-school years and what not, but somehow they came to the topic of her love life.

"You know what's funny though?" Winn says to Lena and Kara turns to look at him, giving him a warning glare.

"Kara still has this huge crush on this girl who back in school was in the student council" Kara wasn't able to cover his mouth quick enough so she just blushed and stared at the ground, embarrassed.

Lena's face goes from shock to slight sadness as she says "No way! Who was it?! Do I know her?! I still have everyone from the council's phone numbers"

Kara was about to say something but James cut her off.

"Someone at the top of the council" he says while smirking, then winks at Kara.

"James!" The blonde yells at him, hoping he'd take the hint and shut up.

"Oh my God, don't tell me, is it Sam Arias?! the vice president?!" Lena continues to question Kara, who was very uncomfortable with the situation.

"What-" Kara began but Lena cut her off "Oh.. but I heard she's married" Lena was now looking down, a bit disappointed that it wasn't her that Kara had a crush on.

'Why am I feeling like this? I'm not jealous am I?' Lena's thoughts were interrupted by Kara.

"That's great" Kara quickly realizes what she's said and decides to just play along. It wouldn't do any harm to pretened like I like Sam right? Kara thought to herself.

"I mean uh, that's to bad, Haha" She laughs slightly as James and the rest back her up by laughing as well.

James gives Kara a sympathetic look as Winn changes the subject.

Relived that that was over, Kara took a deep breath and glanced at Lena, who seemed a bit upset but hid it behind a smile.

After the party was over and Kara had said goodbye to everyone, she plumped down on her couch, exhausted.

"That was nice wasn't it?" Alex said as she sat next to her sister.

"Yeah except for the whole Winn busting me thing at the table" Kara sighed and rubbed her eyes.

"Don't worry about it, Lena didn't catch the hint so you're fine" Her sister said reassuringly. she rubbed Kara's back to calm her.

"Yeah but now Lena thinks I have this stupid massive crush on Samantha" Kara fell back. "What am I going to do Alex?"

Alex layed her head on her sisters lap. "If I were you I wouldn't worry about it. Just enjoy the rest of your birthday while you still can. We'll see what happens tomorrow, and who knows, maybe Lena was just joking around with you"

Kara took a deep breath and calmed down.

"I hope you're right"

*****************

I still kinda feel like these chapters are too short but aye yall seem to be enjoying them so ;)

Don't forget to leave a comment, feedback is greatly appreciated !

~Shay