Chapter 10: The Reveal

The next morning, Kara rushes over to Lena's office, determined to tell her the truth, she could lose her, but it was better than her going about her life thinking that Kara used her, which was not the case at all.

Once Kara was at L Corp, she took the elevator up to Lena's office.

"Good morning, Miss Danvers. Lena is inside" Jess said as she smiled at Kara.

Kara nodded, taking a deep breath as she walked into Lena's office.

"Lena..?" Kara walks in, nervous of her reaction.

"Oh, Kara, I was hoping to see you, we should talk" Lena gets up and pulls out a chair for Kara to sit, but Kara paced to the other side of the room.

"Listen Lena, I'm so sorry, I know I should have told you earlier, and I wanted to I promise, but I didn't want to ruin everything, and I certainly didn't want you thinking I was using you" Kara took a deep breath before continuing.

"But the truth is I've always been in love with you, ever since high school, which is what the book is about, but you should know that since you read it, and I was afraid of what would happen if it got published, that's why I wasn't upset about not getting a book deal, but when the company called, you seemed so excited for me, I couldn't resist. I wanted to tell you everything, about the book, my feelings, why I wrote it, but I didn't. I lied to you, and I'm so sorry. I don't deserve you, and I will never appear in front of you again" Kara looked to the ground, ashamed.

"Wait, so you're in love with me?" Lena says, making Kara confused.

"Yes..?"

"Not Sam?"

"She's great and I do like her, but no"

"Well, that's awkward" Lena says as she walks a bit closer to Kara.

"Why is that?" Kara stiffens up a bit.

"Because, silly, I'm in love with you too"

Wait, she's what?! Kara thought to herself as a moment of silence went through the room.

"If I'm honest with you" Lena broke the silence. "I've always found blue haired Danvers cute" Kara nudged Lena playfully.

"let's forget about that nickname please" Kara said which Lena laughed slightly and continued.

"That day at the restaurant, I did recognize you. But I was too shy to admit that since we didn't really talk when we were at school, I was worried it would make things awkward"

Kara raised her eyebrows in disbelief as Lena continued.

"I was also upset when I found out you were crushing on someone at school. The way Alex described that crush made it seem like you still had strong feelings for that person, whom I thought was Sam, as hurt as I was, I still wanted to help you reconnect with your crush"

"But it wasn't Sam, it was you" Kara reassured.

Lena nodded. "I just didn't expect someone as talented and cool like you to notice me, I was grateful enough to be your friend, the time we spent together is one of the things ill always treasure"

Kara smiled at Lena. "Me too"

Lena sighed "That night when we celebrated your book deal, I wanted to tell you how I felt as soon as we were done, but I got lost in our own natural interactions and I ended up getting drunk and taking you home" Kara was shocked, she didn't know what to say.

"It was unfair to me to see you calling out for me to return to bed because I couldn't resist those charms, I didn't want to leave bed, ever. It was the best night of my life. So I wanted to create our own thing from that night, and I wanted to do everything in my power to help you achieve your dream. But I didn't dare tell you anything, because if you still had feelings for Sam, I wouldn't have been able to handle it. So when I heard your book wouldn't get published, I called Mike and demanded to know the reason, he sent me a copy of the book and told me to read it. I didn't. I couldn't know how much you were in love with Sam"

"Yeah but I ended up coming here today to confess my undying love to you and promise to never bother you again"

Lena grinned. "Yeah, I couldn't believe It was happening. My initial thought was 'fuck'"

Both Kara and Lena laughed as they mentally slapped themselves for all this.

"So.. we're both in love with each other" Kara said,

"Right.. and the book is about me"

"Yep, and you haven't read it yet?"

"Well, I thought It was about Sam"

Kara giggled slightly, "Like I said, Sam is great, but no. you're much more fascinating, and prettier, the prettiest!" Lena laughed, Kara was so adorable.

"So what does this mean for us?" Kara asked hopefully.

"I think it means we have a book deal to sign" Lena said as she smiled and Kara.

***********************

"...And so the book was published again. That's how I got here today"

"Miss Danvers, my question was "How did you get here today" as in transportation..." The interviewer closed her notepad.

"Oh sorry, by plane"

Kara raised her shoulders and mouthed "Whoops"

"Nice, but I am intrigued by your cute love story"

"Cute?" Kara looks at the camera "Lena we're cute!"

*******************

Hey guys ! thank you so much for taking the time to read my book, I'm sorry about the long delays but I have been very busy with school, but it's finally all out! Id like to thank @/moredramaforya on twitter yet again for letting me use her idea, this was a blast and I hope you all enjoyed this little cheesy story. Until next time.

-Shay