26 ⇝ let me go

» There's only one thing more precious than our time and that's who we spend it on. «
~ Leo Christopher

In which preparations are made.

Dedicated to: jenzieyesplease XO

A/N ~ I just kinda happened across this picture of Kenzie (see above) & love it so much 💕💞💘💓💘💓💕 Why? Idk just do okay, please appreciate her beauty w/ me jsksksksk.

Also, I'm sure most of you would have seen my rant that I posted a few days ago about leaking pictures and videos. If you have a jenzie fanpage on instagram, would you be able to do me a massive favour and screenshot it all to post on your story? I would really like for the instagram community to see it because some of the people on instagram really don't understand what the Zieglers are going through. If you want to, you can tag my instagram account (@writingjenzie) <3 Thanks guys.

POV: Mackenzie Ziegler
DATE: 28 January 2026

•••

"Mackenzie." I hear a voice whisper, light and teasing. "It's time to face the day... again."

I sleepily throw a pillow at Johnny Orlando in my sleepy state, muttering, "If you come cuddle with me for five, I'll get out of bed and ready in ten."

"Deal." He replies. With closed eyes, I hear him taking his shoes off. Bloody gentleman.

Within the next few seconds, his warm body lies out next to mine, strong arms holding me and making me feel like the luckiest girl in the world. I keep my eyes shut.

"Love, how'd you manage to fall asleep again? We slept for twelve hours last night!" He chuckles deeply. He's also grinning, I can hear that too.

"I don't know," I whisper back as if about to tell him a huge secret, "But it might have something to do with the fact that I have a failing kidney and lupus and arthritis all at once. You know. Just a thought."

"Right." He nods, kissing my cheek. And, because he knows I love it, he takes a lock of my hair and twists it between his fingers.

"Never stop doing that." I tell him severely. I then sigh, breathing out. "Never."

He doesn't, and in a small act of kindness, he extends our cuddling time by at least ten minutes. Sometimes, I think he's the sweetest person I've ever had the privilege of meeting.

"Guess what's on the agenda today?" He murmurs after a while, relaxing. "We can do this job in bed."

My eyes open, surprised. "What?"

"Sorry." He coughs. "I meant that we have a job to do, but we don't have to move. We can stay here."

"Oh." I giggle, trailing a finger over the blush that now dances on his cheeks. "What's the job?"

"Calling your parents and sister, and my siblings, to tell them the truth about why you were so upset two nights ago. I think it's the right way to do things, yeah?"

"You're right." I reply, sitting up and letting a stressed breath escape my lips. "They deserve to know what's going on, especially if in two days we're going into surgery."