15 ⇝ where have you been

» Life sometimes bring enormous difficulties and challenges that just seem too hard to bear. But bear them you can, and bear them you will, and your life will have purpose. «
~ Barbara Walters

In which Kenzie is briefly missing.

Dedicated to: jenzieggos for literally being like the best supporter and friend, even though i hardly reply to your messages because i get really busy. love u girl xxx

A/N ~ I'm going to try post more often, so make sure to check wattpad everyday for a new chapter <3

POV: Johnny Orlando
DATE: 19 January 2026

•••

I awake in the morning to the blissful sounds of birds tweeting and crickets chirping. The cacophony of LA streets fills up the rest of the silence; cars honking, tires screeching and a rubbish truck making it's rounds are some sounds I can distantly make out.

Warm covers envelop my body and happiness floods my veins when I realize that it's a Saturday– no work. I love what I do, but it's very busy, and it's nice to spend time at home with the girls. They go about their way, and I go about mine– we have a peaceful understanding that while it's nice to hang out together, sometimes we need our space. This makes me think a little, and I close my eyes while contemplating the thought of home.

Hayden and I's apartment was never home to me. Before that, my only home was a house I shared with my family in Canada. This apartment with the girls is unconsciously what I've been wanting for years. It's close to the city while remaining private and secluded, it has the words security and safe practically graffitied onto the exterior walls, and I have two roommates that are decent. Actually, more than decent. (In Mackenzie's case.)

For the past few days I've honestly been reveling in the fact that I have a crush again. The tingly feeling I get in my stomach and the sweaty palms I experience are completely foreign to me... almost. I've experienced love– but not like this. It's hard to restrain myself from pushing her against a wall and kissing her senseless, but I know that I shouldn't force unwanted affection on her. If she did happen to want me as much as I want her, which is too much for me to even fathom, then I'd let her initiate that sort of thing. She's headstrong, confident and more than capable of putting me in my place if I kissed her out of the blue.

When my rooms natural light shifts, I open my eyes again. The whole room has turned a golden colour, opposed to the pink I woke up to. It's a nice kind of light, but it does make me wince a little.

The light somehow gives me enough energy to get up, and after pulling on some shorts and splashing my face with cold water (which is a very revitalising thing to do might I add) I head down the hall in search of food.

The first thing I notice is that I must be the first awake– the lights are off and no curtains or blinds are wound up yet. According to the clock on the wall it is just past nine o clock, which is a late sleep in for me. Feeling proud at myself for sleeping a full twelve hours, I open the cupboard doors to see almost all shelves are bare. Sheesh. A single cup of instant noodles, some sugar, a bowl of very sad looking fruit and a few stray biscuits and crackers make up our food provisions. The fridge isn't much better– a small hunk of cheese and some milk seem to be the only items that haven't gone moldy.

A switch flicks in my brain. If I was to go grocery shopping, come back and cook the girls breakfast, I could pay back some of the debt I owe them from letting me stay here.