33 ⇝ i'll get you back for that

» Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. «

In which everything gets explained to the wider world.

Dedicated to: purplefacey , mackanniee , @jenzieshipper24 , millionworthsmiles , @honeyitsjenzje & @-mackannie xox

A/N  Thank you to all who entered my competition. I'm sorry if your username isn't featured in this chapter but if you missed out I made sure to include you in the dedication :)

POV: Johnny Orlando
DATE: 16 March 2026

•••

"Holy!" Mackenzie laughs while chucking her bag on the bench. "I never thought we would get away from those fans."

"There was so many of them! I wonder how they figured out we were at the beach?" I chuckle, questioning her while I take a seat on the couch. I'm sandy, and theres saltwater sticking my shirt to my chest, but I don't really care.

"I have no idea." She smiles before frowning. "But I hate lying to them."

I nod. "Same here."

"Whats stopping us from telling them the truth?" She asks me.

"Nothing." I say, opening my arms wide. She comes to sit next to me on the couch, slinging her legs into my lap, and lets me hug her tight.

Ever since we've got out of surgery, I've been trying to think of something fun we can do everyday. We went to the beach today, and at 22°, it was very warm. She showed off her body in a yellow bikini, which is fast becoming a favourite colour of ours, and got questioned by a mob of fans about her scars from surgery. We covered it up, and luckily I was wearing a shirt so they didn't see my scars, but it was still a close call.

"Do you want to film another video?" I then ask. Filming a youtube video is the easiest way to let the public know of what is happening in our lives because these days, most people have cellphones or laptops they can watch videos on.

"Sounds good." She kisses my cheek and I squeeze her harder. She laughs. It's music to my ears.

"Why don't we get Lauren to interview us?" I look down at her, smiling.

"That would be cool. We need to shower though, you look like a drowned rat." She wrinkles her nose jokingly at me.

I roll my eyes. "You love me."

"Unfortunately." She grins.

I attack her with my arms, tickling her. Laughter fills our apartment, and streams of swear words burst from her lips in between her struggles.

•••

"You ready?" Mackenzie's voice comes floating down the hall. She's yelling at me because I'm still messing around trying to find a hoodie.

"Almost!" I yell back.

Catching sight of the hoodie I let Mackenzie borrow yesterday, I pull it over my head on my walk to the kitchen. Lauren's kindly set up the camera for us, light and all, so I sit down at one of the bench chairs next to Kenzie. She gives me a reassuring smile.