epilouge

» If you want a happy ending, of course, it depends on where you stop your story. «

In which Mackenzie leaves a part of her soul on stage.

Dedicated to: Anyone who read this book from start to finish and patiently (well, most of the time!) waited for these chapters. You people? You rock <3

A/N ~ PLEASE READ BELOW

So I don't know if you guys have ever heard of the billboard music awards, but in America, they're pretty big. As most of you know, this story is inspired by Selena Gomez, who actually won the Woman of The Year award in 2017. To announce her win, two of her friends presented really kind speeches about her; Elle Fanning and Francia Raisa. That's just how the awards work.

This should help you understand more about this chapter. Also, I've included pictures of how I imagine Mackenzie's dress and hair– but feel free to imagine up your own X

 Also, I've included pictures of how I imagine Mackenzie's dress and hair– but feel free to imagine up your own X

POV: Mackenzie ZieglerDATE: 6 April 2026

DATE: 6 April 2026

•••

A smile starts to spread on my face as the hairdresser straightens the last of my hair. Wanting a bold change, I drove to my favourite hair salon and asked for a new hairstyle for tonight; the 2026 Billboard music awards. They didn't take my request lightly, and I ended up getting it cut so it falls about an inch below my shoulders. Light blonde streaks complete the look. It looks beautiful, healthy, and I can't wait to surprise the Orlandos.

Lauren took Johnny and Carson out to shop for tuxedos this afternoon because apparently the ones that they own aren't sufficient enough, meaning when I arrive home I'm alone. In honour of the Lupus Research Alliance, we've decided to all wear varying shades of dark red and purple. Convincing Johnny to buy a dark purple or maroon tie was the funniest thing I've had to do all week.