8

Scott POV

I dropped to my knees as I catch my breath and look up at the setting sun above me; giving me the last warm hue of orange and light in the sky. As puffs of air enter within my lungs, I heard Red strapped his crossbow on his back and let the dog whistle hung around his neck. In the corner of my eye, I saw the other pack member sitting on the grassy ground; except Lydia who is sitting on a small stool that Red brought for her.

"That would be enough for everyone." Red told everyone as he gripped my bare shoulder with his gloved hand. "Physical training won't suffice or will guarantee your chances of winning. A little textbook knowledge would help and will give us hints on some of our enemies' weaknesses."

"So what," Liam puffed out as he tried to catch his breath. "We will be sitting like ducks inside a classroom for you to teach us?"

"I would prefer more of a tied up Liam Dunbar on a chair and let him listen to me for the whole day." Red released his grip and sneered at Liam. "I would also let him read stacks of books for him to know how dangerous the world is. Wouldn't it be nice?"

"Stop teasing them already," Stiles boredly said beside Lydia. "You already had your fun with them for hours already. Why not bother something interesting? And the way you suggest on tying up Liam sounds different. I recommend you to not repeat it again."

The whole pack looked at Stiles in shock, especially about the tied up Liam part, except Liam who looked at him in disgust. But Red chuckled like it was nothing and something quite amusing. Red started to walk towards Stiles and pulled out something out of his back pocket. A shimmer of light from the object gave us a clue that he pulled out is a small pocket knife. When he was a good 10 feet distance from Stiles, Red threw the weapon to the ground; impaling the blade of the weapon to the soil.

"I really do like bothering a certain human with an unbelievable knowledge of the supernatural and skills far greater or equal to someone we both know." Red crossed his arms. "That is until someone who wears a trench coat comes."

"You are giving away to many things, don't you think?" Stiles sneered at Red as Lydia slowly walked away from the two arguing males; knowing full well that getting in between them could lead to disaster. "You are starting to go back on your word, Red. I am reminding you once again about it. And don't even try to break it."

"Oh, how scared I am," Red sarcastically whined. "If you really want to threaten me, then prove it to me. Human of the pack. Prove your worth as a member of this so called powerful pack."

I was about to butt in when Derek blocked my way with his hand and shook his head signaling me to not go between them or bother them.

"Scott, don't even bother try to help." Stiles said as he sat on the empty chair beside him but the back part of the chair is in front of him. A serious expression is plastered on Stiles' face as Red watch him move. "I don't need to prove anything to you, baba yaga or erlking. You came to this town. You prove yourself here."

"How refreshing to hear that two secret names of mine come out of your toungue." Red lowly said. "Since you despise me from the very start, why not do what you wanted?"

A second or two passed, I saw Red dashed and grabbed a impaled weapon from the ground and ran towards Stiles. Lydia shouted, to everyone to stop, and I growled lowly and loudly when Red did stopped behind Stiles but the blade is under Stiles' chin; a small movement could make draw blood.

"Put your weapon down, Red." I growled, showing my red eyes to him. "We have a contract to not harm any of my pack members unless it was training related."

"Oh, Scotty boy," Red tutted. "Remember as well that one of your members sort of challenged me. We also did a share of words that challenging me means that it is my personal business and the challenger."

"Red," Stiles gravely said, causing everyone to looked him. "I am here to see your worth. Now show me how great you really are. Kill me as if I am one of your prey, bitch."

"Now, this is getting interesting." Red laughed then lowered his weapon and stepping back a bit, giving Stiles space. "You are starting to show your real colors again. How very interesting. You really are one of them. Especially, him."

"Don't you DARE compare me with him." Stiles growled. "You shouldn't even mention him in front of my face."

"Oh, yes, yes, of course," Red backed away from a fuming Stiles. "my deepest apologies. Besides, you are you. I will keep my word this time."

"You better be." I heard Stiles mutter as Red faced us again and assess us once again.

"Looks like the mutts had their precious break." Red noted before pulling out his dog whistle again and blew; causing us supernatural beings our hearing to ring.

"NOW, DROP AND GIVE ME 500 PUSH UPS. AFTER THIS LET'S GET YOU GUYS ACCUSTOMED TO THE FOREST AGAIN. THIS DEVILISH STYLE." Red roared as he pulled his crossbow from his back to his clutches.

(Unedited)
~~~~~~~
SMR here!

Sorry for the very long wait. 

Suddenly my school is giving me a hard time. Especially now that we are doing a field demo and we are organizing various things for our school fair.  Let's not forget the unending projects and homeworks.

Let's hope I have the time to write more since I miss writing my stories again.

Hope you like the chapter and the Story. 😄

Please give your insights and opinions,  it is my drink force to create more chapters.

Thank you for supporting!

Vote

Share

Comment

SMR out

1029 words