Before you start

It would be a good idea to read at least the first three or four acts of Homestuck before this story, as some things will make zero sense.

Or, if you don't like all that reading, there are Let's Reads of it on YouTube. Here's a good one:

That's all of act one, but if you search up voxus homestuck on YouTube then you'll find everything up to partway through act six (but you don't need to read that far if you don't want to.)

Also I'm writing this on mobile so the format will probably be fucked up if you're reading on computer. Sorry.

And there will be quadrants, even though they're humans. It will be explained if I write far enough though.

Quick rundown for those who are too lazy to look up quadrants;

Matespritship is the closest to human romance, but mostly they'll just use boyfriend/girlfriend.

Moirailegence (I'm probably spelling these all wrong fight me) is sort of like platonic dating (like best friends but for forever and ever).

Kismesetude is like hate-dating. It isn't abusive, but is more about rivalry than hate.

Sometimes relationships switch between black (kismesis) and red (matesprite). It can then create long and complicated romantic chains.

And finally there is Auspitism. An auspitice will intervene in a possible kismesitude if it looks like it could be abusive and stop the two from killing each other.

Because they are humans, the relationships won't fall exactly into these categories, but some of them will be anknowledged by characters familiar with quadrants.

Here's a better explanation of quadrants:

This is a dubbed version of the actual explanation from the comic. There are some story parts in it but it should mostly make sense.