Chapter 2

I wake up somewhere I have never been before in the worst pain. I sit up in a big soft bed and look around. The walls around me are a light tan color and has pictures on it but no one of who I recognize. All the sudden before I get a chance to look more I hear foot steps on the other side of the closed door, slowly getting closer and closer. I sit there in frozen, starring at the door as it slowly opens. A blonde boy walks in and stares at me. His eyes are a really pretty blue and he is holding a empty cup and some sort of medicine.

He finally says in a thick Irish accent "Hello, I'm Niall Horan." "Hello I'm Rysse Lake. Um, what happened last night and where am I?" "Well last night you were at the club and got punched in the face by some guy because he was trying to make you grind on him and you didn't want to. Anyways, I took you back to my place instantly to keep you safe from him." "Chad is his name." I say looking down at my hands. "Is he your boyfriend?" Niall questions. "No most deffinately not" I say. He smiles at me almost as if he is in relief.

He starts to make his way over to the bed where I'm at. He sets the cup down on the night stand next to a picture. That I could not see. His warm hands lift my face up and he says "the swelling went down but it still looks bad." I look at his face and he has bruises on him. I decide to ask him "why do you have bruises?" "Well it's because Chad punched me." "Why?" "I was sticking up for you because I don't let any guy treat any girl poorly." He says with a small smile forming on his lips. "Thank you, but you didn't ha-" he cuts me off "But I did. Before he hurt you anymore." "Thank you, really, you saved my life." I tell him. "No problem."

As I start to make my way out of the bed I groan in pain. I stand up and start to head to the bathroom.

When I get out of the bathroom niall is still sitting on the bed. "Well I should probably get back to my dorm." I say "Wait, do u want breakfast before I take you back?"he asks. I am sort of hungry so why not. "Sure, thank you" he stands up walks to the nightstand picks up the cup and medicine and starts to walk over to me. He hands me the items in his hand and says "No problem, just take this aspren for your pain and relax." "Okay."

Niall is really caring and sweet. I turn around and head back to the bathroom. I fill my cup up about half way, take a sip before taking the medicine. I look in the mirror in front of me and see a huge bruise on my face. I sigh and set the cup down and make my way to the bed to relax.

Before I get back to the bed I look at the picture on his nightstand and stand there frozen. My heart feels like it's going to explode. Tears fill in my eyes. In the picture it's Niall and Alex, my boyfriend that died a year ago.