Chapter 3

*Flashback*

As Alex and I make our way to the entrance of the school, he turns to look at me and says "I love you and please never forget that!" Then gives me a really long hug. "I love you too." I say kind of confused. Why is he acting so strange, we usually just kiss and go our separate ways.

I then start to make my way over to my locker. I open my locker, grab my 1st hour and head to class. As I am walking to class, I see someone I have never noticed before but I just ignore them.

I get to first hour and see Rachel sitting where we usually sit. "Hey rach" I say not as peppy as usual. "What's wrong?" She asks. "Well, I'm worried about Alex. He is acting really strange today, like something is going to happen." I say trying not to think negative. "Don't worry Rysse, nothing bad is going to happen." She replies back trying to cheer me up.

The teacher walks in and greets the class "Hello class, today..." I doze off in the thought of Alex. I start to ask my self the worse possible questions. What if he is going to be kidnapped? What if he is going to run away? I clear my mind because I didn't want to start crying.

1st period ends and I make my way way to my locker to meet Alex. Usually Alex is there before me but he wasn't this time. I opened my locker put all my 1st hour stuff in and then shut the locker. I wait there for about two minutes but Alex doesn't show. So I decide to go look for him.

The two minute bell rings and I am still looking for Alex. Once I see barely any people around me I start to shout his name through the hallway. "ALEEEX" I yell repeatedly. I instantly stop running to see movement down the hallway heading to a unused exit.

I run to him as fast as I could until he snaps around and tells me "Rysse you need to go you can't be here" "Alex I was looking for you. I'm not going to leave now. I can't." The door, way down the hallway, starts to open and someone walks in. I couldn't see who they were because they were to far away.

"Go, please Rysse I can't let you see this!" He snaps. See what, what's going to happen. All the sudden a guy wearing a black mask comes up behind him and pulls his mask off. I saw who it was, it was that kid I saw earlier and didn't recognize. "Who is he" I ask, my knees shaking and hands trembling. "Are you ready for your payback Alex?" The unknown guy asks. Before I knew it, the guy pulls out a gun from his pocket. Holds the gun up to Alex's head and shoots him three times.

*end of flashback*

I snap back to reality. All the sudden the door opens and I'm still standing there frozen, tears coming down my face. Niall walks in and runs over to me. "Rysse are you okay?" He asks me worried. "Um, yeah I'm, um, I'm fine." I reply wiping the tears falling from my eyes. "Are you-" "I'm sure, please, niall just don't ask." "Okay, well breakfast is done, you can come down when you are ready." He says

I don't hesitate to move just follow behind. When I get down stairs I see a plate with food on it. He tells me "that's yours" "thank you" "you're very welcome" he says. I sit down and start to eat my food. It was really good. I take my plate to the sink and just set it in there. "Niall can you take me back now" "sure where too?" he asks immediately. "I'll just give you directions in the car" I say. "Okay"

We start to make our way to the car. Niall walks in front of me and opens my door. "Thank you" "mhm" he says. As we sit in the car silent until I tell him where to go I look out the window. "Do I turn here?" He asks pulling up to my campus. I nod my head. As I tell him which dorms to pull up to he asks me "Are you busy tomorrow night?" "No" "okay would you like to hangout with me I really want to get to know you. "Yeah sure" I say smile forming on my lips. Niall takes my phone out of my hand and puts his number in it. "Text me when you get inside." "Okay I will"