The Badass Weaslette (George Weasley Love Story) Chapter Nine

A/N: Yay, ninth chapter. New character as well. :)

_____________________________________________________

The appearance of the signs caused an immediate effect on most of the Hogwarts inhabitans, whether staff or student. Pupils were caught gossiping in bewteen lessons about the Tournament; who would try out, how many pupils from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang would turn up, who the judges would be, on and on and on. But even the professors were eagerly awaiting the arrival of our foreign friends, not to mention the fact that the Tournament was a chance to show off the school a bit. I, among wwith some other students, noticed the classrooms and hallways - and objects in these classrooms and hallways - being thoroughly cleaned. Every portrait had been scrubbed until it caught the light off the most smallest of rays, and there was not a speck in sight.

     Some other surprises also startled me in the lead up to the day where the delegations would arrive. In Defence Against the Dark Arts, we had been working on curses - mostly illegal ones, to be exact. There were three of them - I only knew two - the Imperious curse, the Cruciatus curse, and Avada Kedavra. Professor Moody made us work in pairs on minor jinxes, so we could work our way up to the Imperius curse. I was partnered with, let's say, an old friend.

     Caylee Reid. 

     Talk about awkward. Either way, I did try to be friendly - I just could help myself from jinxing her a little bit too hard...

     "Tarantallegra!" I cried, and Caylee's legs suddenly went into a crazy tap-dance. She grimaced and pointed her wand at me.

     "Confundo!" I dodged the spell and hit back with a "Densaugeo!"

     "Alright, alright!" grunted Moody as Caylee ducked. We both stopped, panting; we were in the middle of the classroom, our wands out, performing for the class. Moody stumped forward, and I stepped back to allow him space.

     "I see you've all mastered jinxes," he said, fixing us with his beady eye while his magic one twisted in it's socket, "so next lesson we'll be onto curses. You have no homework, and may go."

     As we collected our bags and books, Caylee said to me: "Wow! What an epic lesson!"

     I raised an eyebrow. "It was good, I guess."

     "You looking forward to next lesson?" she asked, her hazel eyes bright as she pushed her blonde hair back from her face. I shrugged as she followed me down a corridor to the Great Hall.  "I am. I hope we won't be doing anything that's dangerous..."

     Without turning round, I said, "What's life without a little danger?"

     I heard her mumble as I stepped into the Great Hall, my eyes already scanning the Gryffindor table for Fred and George. When I located them, I set off; looking back over my shoulder I found Caylee, looking down at the floor, her face uncertain. Sighing, I marched back up to her.

     "You wanna sit with us?"

     Her face lit up. "Sure!"

     "Guys," I said when we reached them. "This is Caylee.. we were friends back in second year, but our friendship.. kind of split."

     "Cool," said George, smiling at her. "I'm George-"

     "-I'm Fred Weasley," Fred broke in, staring at Caylee a little bit too much. I smirked at George and - just like that - Caylee was part of our group.

________________________________________

When Fred, Caylee, George and I went down to breakfeast on the morning of the morning of the thirtieth, we discovered that the Great Hall had been decorated with silk banners showing each House symbol - a gold lion for Gryffindor, a silver snake for Slytherin, a bronze eagle for Ravenclaw, and a black badger for Hufflepuff - and there was also a huge banner of the Hogwarts coat of arms behind the teacher's table.