Chapter 2-|extra buttered popcorn|

I lay on my bed staring up at the ceiling and think about the letters in my desk drawer.

My phone dinged with a notification. I picked it up and see Jacob tweeted. I don't know why I even have his notifications on.

@jacobsartorious;
maybe when your done with that ashlyn girl you can get to someone beautiful and not a complete waste of space? Remember when you actually cared and didn't go for someone's sloppy seconds?
@wes10
@ashlyn.elizabeth
638 likes 2739 retweets 289 comments.

I frowned and began to scroll through the comments.

@yabishdani;
You got that right😂

@lorenbeech;
Shut up !! Nobody likes your crap

@wes10;
Sloppy seconds? You jealous?
@jacobsartorious;
Jealous of that?

"Why do I even turn on my phone anymore?" I then thought of Ashlyn.

I decide to call her.

"Hello?" Pain was in her voice.

"Hey, uh, you okay?"

"No, actually, I'm not." She cries.

I deal with this everyday.

"I'm sorry, do you want my to come over now?" I asked.

Every single day.

"Yeah..."She whimpers, "Can you bring some snacks?"

"Sure, I'll pick up some movie snacks too." I smile.

"Make sure the popcorns extra buttered." I felt her smile through the phone.

"Okay, I'll be there in about forty-five minutes."

"Bye." I hung up and grabbed her favorite blankets from Lauren's room and put them in my drawstring bag.

Lauren came into her room, startled that I was in there, "What are you doing in here?"

"I'm staying the night at Ashlyn's."

"What, they're a no way our or her parents would allow it."

"First, her parents aren't home and second, our parents wouldn't notice anyway." I mumble walking out of the room.

I throw the bag over my back and go grab my wallet. I open it up, nothing.

I remember my mom telling me about an emergency money stash under the fruit bowl in the kitchen.

That was when she still cared. If we took money now she would be mad, horribly mad. But if we took it then, before the whole situation with Maddie and Darian, they wouldn't have cared as much.

I run into the kitchen and remove all of the fruit and take a small envelope. I open it up and see multiple one hundred dollar bills and a couple twenties.

I grab two twenties and put them in my wallet, then put back the fruit.

My skateboard is sitting against the trashcan outside, I grab it and begin skating to the store.

•••

I ride up to Ashlyn's doorstep. I place my board against the potted plant.

I open the door, skip knocking, and walk in.

"Ashlyn?" I yell. "Ashlyn, where are you? I brought snacks and blankets."

I walk up the stairs and go down the hallway to her room. The door is closed, I knock lightly then enter.

I see her sitting on her bed, facing me, her eyes red and her lips dry.

I drop my bag and run over to her, scoop her up and lay with her on the bed. She cried into my shoulder, sobbing loudly.

"Where's Weston?" I whisper quietly.

"He's out of town until late tonight." She lies.

"Have you called him?"

"Yes...no." We sit up and lean against the wall.

"Call him. Now." I pick up her phone and hand it to her.

She grabs it and quickly types in her password and dials Weston, she puts him on speaker.

"Hello?" His voice rings.

"Hey babe." Ashlyn's keeping herself from crying.

"Hey, what's up."

"What are you doing?" She asks.

"I'm out shopping with my family, you?"

"Can you come ove-"

"I'm out with my family, I won't be able to until like six."

"Wes, I really need you right now. Can you please come over?" She couldn't hold back the tears anymore, she was crying loudly on the phone.

"Babe, I-hang on." We hear him walk over to a person and begin talking, "Mom, I need you to take me home.

No, I don't care. Mom. MOM! IT'S ASHLYN!"

"What about her?" His mom responds quickly.

"Mom, please." He says with concern in his voice.

"Okay, get in the car."

"Okay, babe, I'll be there in a little bit."

"Okay, I love you." She cries.

"I love you too."

The phone ended and we sat there silently.

"I'm sorry." I say.

"I don't know what I did. Owen dumped me."