Chapter 7-|unplugged|

"You didn't give my letters?" I yell at Ashlyn.

"I didn't know what you meant!"

"Didn't know what I meant? I said where they were and what they meant, cmon I trusted you!"

"And you still can, I just. Johnny, I don't want you to die you're my bestfriend and I dont know what I'd do without you. As soon as they called I came to the hospital, I'm just, please come back,"

"What? Why are you talking in present tense?"

She ignored me, "John, I need you," she sighed and walked out of my room.

I sat there, alone, breathing heavily until Mackenzie walked in.

"Johnny, I'm sorry. I don't know what everyone did to you for you to do this to yourself. I couldn't have done anything right? It didn't say on the letter, I-I just," She sighed, "I-I love you Johnny, I love you and your stupid self and everything about it, and Jacob, you'll never believe it, he copied some of the letters and hung them up around the school. He's been quiet, weirdly quiet. Oh, and Danielle is throwing a party next weekend, I was going to go with you but I know parties aren't your thing,"

I smiled, but I felt pain. The fake smile was unbelievable, the pain in my eyes.

"Mackenzie, I-," she got up and started to leave, "No don't leave!" I grabbed her hand, she turned back to me, her eyes wide.

Mackenzie POV

"...I know parties aren't your thing," I looked at him, I barely visible smirk etched upon his face. His limp body lying there cold, basically dead. Everyone had come to say there goodbyes, even Abby. The doctor said he doesn't have much left, so it's now or never.

I had my hand in his and I began to get up, I feel a slight tug on my arm and turn around to see nothing changed, except he now held a grip on my hand. Barely there, but it existed.

"Doctor!" I yelled, not taking my eyes off Johnny.

Nobody came, nobody moved. "I refuse to leave, he could wake up to no one. No one at all,"

Johnny POV

"Mackenzie, I'll go to the party with you, just stop acting so weird, who are you talking too?"

"Three months, you've been here for three months and nothing about your family has changed, your parents have shown up once to pay, and they said they can unplug you whenever they want. So, it's Lauren's choice, and she said until tomorrow. Please wake up, Johnny. I need you, Ashlyn needs you, Weston and Kiera and Abby and Mark and Grant. They need you too,"

"Unplug me? Kenzie, WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!"