Chapter 3-|scary movies and giving up|

"Ashlyn?" I hear Weston's voice down by the front door.

She jumps up, I follow her and see her immediately jump into Weston's arms, him supporting her weight with his arms under her butt.

I smile, even though she's struggling right now, seeing them together makes me happy. But it's destroyed with the sounds of her cries.

He carries her to the couch and they sit there, him whispering to her.

I then see double and feel tears go down to my face. I silently cry, standing there.

After a few minutes, Weston sits up and looks at me.

"Hey Johnny." He smiles and his braces cover his teeth.

"Hey, uh-" I wipe my face quickly, "-Wes."

"Come and sit, we can start a movie." He says back to his normal, goofy, self. I run and grab my bag full of snacks and blankets.

We sit on the couch, Ashlyn in the middle and Weston and I on either side. I pass around the bag and Weston spreads the blanket out over all three of us. I pull out some popcorn and bags of candy.

I set them in between us and Weston starts the movie Moana to lighten the mood or because the first four letters say moan and Weston wants me to leave. Trust me, I can take a hint.

•••

We all ended up falling asleep and waking up again to Kiera yelling at us.

"It's 945 losers, get up!" She laughs.

I smile and stand up quickly and shove her head back, rocking it like a bobble head.

Ashlyn slowly sits up and stretches then taps Weston on the nose to wake him up. "Weston..wake up!" She says sweetly, "Wake up you lazy sack, you're wasting time! Let's go!" She grabs him and pulls him off the couch.

"I'm up." He groans.

"When will Mark get here?" I ask, avoiding all the couples.

"In a few, he text me he was on his way like ten minutes ago. So soon." She smiles, getting antsy.

Finally,  a knock at the door.

"He's new to the group," Ashlyn smiles to us then turns towards the door, "Just come in!"

The door opens and Mark is standing there smiling, a couple grocery bags in his hands. "I brought snacks."

"Maybe not as new as I thought," she giggled leaning into Weston.

He closed the door and walked up the steps, setting the snacks on the coffee table. Ashlyn closes the curtains while Weston ran around trying to get blankets.

We all sat down and cuddled up on the couch before Ashlyn hit play on the movie we decided on. "Hush." was what it was called.

•••

After the movie 1:37am. I look sat Ashlyn and Weston asleep next to me on the couch,

I smile and follow my eyes until I see Mark and Kiera on the ground

"They better be a thing tomorrow." I groan rolling over to check my phone.

I see a post on Instagram.

@abbymitchell;these girls are mine💕

@abbymitchell;
these girls are mine💕

I see who's tagged..
@laurenorlando88
@kenzieziegler

I didn't know that lauren was going to hang out with them tonight.

I click on Lauren's account and read her bio.

13 years young🌹
I wish you'd notice me
Kenz💕AbbyKiera🔥

I go back and go to Kenzie's.

07/12/18
Ily bby💕
Abby,Laur, and Kier my babes

I notice the date, she must be with someone. But who?

I feel a small pain in my stomach and turn off my phone.

"I give up, I'm never getting a girlfriend."

I lay my head onto the side of the couch and try and fall asleep. Until eventually my thoughts consume me.

You don't have a girlfriend because you're ugly. You're weird and annoying and nobody likes you.

Remember when Kiera dumped yogurt and honey on you? Yep. She did that on purpose.

Danielle and Jacob are gonna start dating, the biggest FBOY and hooch this world has ever seen.

I wish I was good lo-

And there I went.

•••
Morning

We all began waking up on our own, I had already been awake for a while before everyone woke up.

"Do y'all want pancakes?"

There was a chorus of yes' and Ashlyn went into the kitchen and began mixing the mix and all the ingredients.

After about fifteen minutes she calls us into the kitchen and we gather around the table, each of us taking a seat.

Weston passes plates to everyone and Ashlyn puts a plate on the table with a large stack of pancakes.

We all grab our pancakes and began eating, conversations about the movie.

Ashlyn loses her attention from the group and bumps me.

"So, what's up?" She smiles.

"Nothing much. I'm just tired is all."

"You sure?"

"Yep. I'm just tired."

As a girl she should've known I was lying.