3

Your pov.
I was sitting on the floor of my room. My cheeks wet with tears and the rims of my eyes were pink and puff. My younger brother Hiro sat next to me,clinging to my side as he cried hysterically into my yellow nightgown. His hands gripped tightly at the fabric at my waist as his face was buried in my shoulder. While sitting in the darkness I could hear the sound of yelling emitting from downstairs. I moved my hands to cover my ears to block out the noise and as I did my fingers grazed the red spot on my cheek where my father hat hit me. I didn't see a need for it. I had done nothing wrong but he had been in a temper and I had gotten in his way so I guess that was reason enough.
The yelling slowly stopped and was replaced with the soft sounds of footsteps approaching my room. My door slowly opened and in stepped a younger Tomo, his body shrouded with darkness while his concerned face was illuminated by the pale moonlight seeping in through the glass window. He closed the door behind him and slowly crawled forward to sit in front of me.
"I'm so sorry, Y/n. I'm so sorry." He kept repeating those words over and over again as he gently cupped my red cheek. I slowly leaned forward to wrap my arms around his larger body. Never have I felt so cold and yet so warm at the same time as I did that night. Maybe if I hadn't been so young and I had paid better attention I would have noticed the red blood that stained my brothers finger as he leaned in to kiss me goodnight.

I awoke from my dream with a start and immediately sat up and switched on the light. Silent tears ran down my cheeks as I tried to calm my heavy breathing. I checked the clock and it was only 6:00. I checked under my covers and was mildly surprised to see that Hiro wasn't asleep beside me. It must have been because I stayed up so late finishing Bills project. I can't even recall how late it was when I finally went to sleep I could only hope that I had been awake enough to do a good job.
That morning I took my time getting dressed and ready for school. On the car ride there both my brothers were warily silent as Hiro had a hard time keeping his head up as he kept dozing off in the backseat.
"Hiro, are you tired? Did you not sleep well last night?"
"I only sleep well when I get to sleep with you." He said groggily.
"Hiro you are almost thirteen, you have to learn to sleep by yourself." I muttered as I turned my head back to the front to avoid the gigantic puppy dog eyes I was sure Hiro was showing me. I looked to my older brother Tomo and saw that he had gray bags under his eyes. I guess none of us got much sleep last night.

When I arrived at school the first thing I noticed was how eerily quiet while at the same time extremely loud the hallways were. Everyone was talking to each other in hushed whispers. I made my way to my classroom and sat at my desk while waiting for Bill to show up. The funny thing was he didn't show up. I waited all morning but he never showed up and while I was waiting for him at lunch I heard some girls whispering nearby.
"Did you hear what happened?"
"It's so scary."
"It's so sad."
"It makes me scared to walk home alone."
"I know right. Poor Bill."
Bill? I quickly stood up and approached the small group of girls.
"Excuse me. Did something happen to Bill?"
"You didn't hear?! He got attacked while walking home last night. Two guys in masks attacked him with baseball bats and broke both his legs. He's in the hospital."
"That's awful! Do they know how did it?"
"Not a clue. They say that Bill is really traumatized by the whole thing and refuses to talk about."
Just then the bell rung and the girls rushed to their seats as I sat down at my own. I can't believe someone would attack Bill like that. I know that he was mean to me but besides from that he was pretty well liked and very popular at school. I couldn't even imagine someone wanting to hurt him.

Hello this is the author. Please leave a comment letting me know what you think. I'm still new to Wattpad but I will be doing updates almost everyday.