13

Tomo pov.

It was plainly obvious for me to see that this Abby girl didn't really care for Y/n. Why? Because the whole time she was here she had her eyes on me. Hiro noticed this too and I could tell it made him sick. He spent the whole night in his room and only came out once Abby had left. Later that night I came to see him in his room and found him hammering nails into his old baseball bat. How he managed to get it upstairs without Y/n or me noticing was beyond me but I had to admire his sneakiness.

"We need to talk." I say upon entering the room.

"About what?" He asks without turning around so his back is still towards me as he continues to hammer more nails into the wood.

"Abby." He stops what he is doing and looks at me.

"I want her dead." He says sinisterly. "I want her dead more then I do that Max guy."

"More than Max?"

"Max is dangerous but Abby is already way too close. She could hurt my Y/n."

"What are you planning to do?"

"Not me, you. You are going to do it and you can't tell me how."

"Why is that? I thought you loved all the gory details."

He smiles at me. "Because when Y/n is crying over her dead friend, I can't comfort her if I knew what happened. Abby likes you. She probably trusts you. Use that to your advantage and find out her true intentions and then get rid of her!"

Timeskip

I stole Abbys number off of Y/ns phone. I felt kind of bad for doing it but Y/n had been so listless the rest of the week since Abby came over so I knew that she must have done something to damper her spirits. Therefore I felt no remorse for tricking the girl who saddened my Y/n. I dialed the number on my cellphone and waited for the girl to pick up.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Is this Abby?" I ask sweetly.

"Yeah, who is this?"

"This is Tomo, Y/n brother." There is a moment of silence before her voice picks up and she becomes especially giddy.

"I can't believe you called me! Is there something you need?"

"Actually yes. Tell me if this is too forward, but I was wondering if we could hang out later this afternoon at the park."

"You mean like a date?" She asks, a teasing tone in her voice as I know she didn't mean it seriously.

"Exactly like a date." There is another moment of silence.

"Of course we can meet up! What time!?"

"How about around seven."

"I already made plans with Y/n for that time but I can cancel if you want!"

"I would really appreciate that. I really want to see you. You seen like a really cool person."

If I could see her I was certain she would be blushing right now but since we were talking over the phone all I got were some high pitched squeals followed with silence.

"Then I'll see you there." She muttered, she sounded out of breath.

"Can't wait." I said and hung up the phone. As I hung up I could hear Y/n's phone ring upstairs as Abby was probably calling Y/n to cancel. I felt bad for Y/n for getting blown off like that but on the inside I knew it was what had to be done. In the week they had known each other Abby had become way too big an influence on Y/n. She could very easily ruin our sister if we left things the way they were. 

Your pov.

Abby calling to cancel only helped to solidify my theory that she didn't really care about me. She had been the one to invite me out and nowise was blowing me off from some guy. She wouldn't tell me who she was going to see but she seemed really excited. When I questioned her further on why she couldn't meet him some other night she got really mad at me. She said that friends shouldn't get in the way of each others love life and if I ever blew her off to see a boy she would understand.

Dejected, I went downstairs to tell Tomo my plans were canceled only to find him getting dressed to go out.

"Where are you going?" I asked him.

"I'm going out to meet some friends. I'll probably be back late so I'll drive your friend home when I get back."

"No need. She's not coming."

"Really? Why not?"

"She blew me off for some guy." I said, rather cross. I still can't believe she canceled so last minute. It was already six and she had planned to be over at seven.

"In that case you can stay here and hang out with Hiro." He said happily as Hiro stepped into the living room and looked at the two of us confused. He saw my dejected face and then saw that Tomo was leaving and it appeared as if something clicked in his head before he smiled and walked over to me.

"Don't worry Y/n! I won't leave you lonely! We can hang out all night together!" He said happily as he squeezed my hand rather tightly. Tomo smiled and ruffled both Hiro and I's hair before turning and heading to the door.

"Don't stay up too late!" He called over his shoulder as he closed the front door behind him. I heard his car start up and pull out of the driveway before taking off towards town. As soon as Tomo was gone Hiro dragged me to the couch where we sat for hours watching old movies and eating popcorn until he eventually fell asleep on my lap. I quietly turned off the tv and shook his shoulder to wake him up. He groaned and sat up reluctantly as I helped him stand and walk to his bedroom where he collapsed in his bed and fell asleep. I went to my own room and stayed up late reading. I don't remember when I fell asleep but I was startled awake by the sound of my door slamming open. I sat up with a start and turned to see Tomo standing there in the darkness. 

"Tomo? Whats wrong?" I asked sleepily as I struggled to keep my eyes open. He looked at me wit empty eyes and sighed.

"You need to choose better friends, Y/n." He muttered before turning and leaving while closing the door behind him. I barely had time to contemplate what he said before my head sank back onto the pillow and my eyes fluttered closed as I drifted to sleep.