19

I woke up in what I could only assume was Max's bed. The windows were open and outside it was pitch black say for the small moon that cast a faint white light over the streets and treetops. I steadily climbed out of the bed and moved my way to the door before stepping out into the hallway. My tired body begged me to get back into the bed but I had to make sure Hiro was okay. He still had no idea what was happening or why we were here. Downstairs I could hear the tv was still on and as I looked over the stairway I saw a head of hair sleeping on the couch. 'That must be Max.' I thought to myself as I recognized the texture and color. 'Where was Hiro?' I slowly stepped down the stairs and walked around the back of the couch while being careful not to wake Max. I came out into the kitchen where the lights were still on and Hiro was sitting at the counter drinking from a juicebox. he beamed when he saw me and leapt out of his chair as he wrapped me in a tight hug.

"I was worried about you." He said. "You were asleep for so long."

"I guess I was really tired, still am." I said as I steadied my still tired body against the kitchen counter.

"Why dont you go back to bed?" Hiro asked.

"Because I want to make sure you are ok. I never did explain to you what was going on." I muttered.

"Did Tomo do something bad?" Hiro asked. "Is that why you are mad at him?"

I thought it over for a second before deciding to tell Hiro the truth.

"You know my friend Abby?"

"The one who died?" Hiro asked.

"Yes, that one. Well you see.....Abby died.....because Tomo....killed her."

"I know."

"And because of that we ca- wait, what do you mean 'you know'?"

"I know Tomo killed Abby."

"How did you know?!"

"Because he told me."

"Why would he-"

"And because I told him to."

"WHAT!?"

This has to be a mistake. I'm just not hearing thing right.

"I told Tomo to kill Abby." Hiro repeats himself.

"WHY!?" 

"Because she was in the way." 

All of a sudden Hiros eyes take on a dark aura as he grips me tightly by the wrists.

"She didnt deserve you. She was just using you. She didnt deserve to be your friend."

"Hiro please let go of me!" 

"I say this with as much love as I possibly can so you are just going to have to trust me when I say that you are far better off without her. You didnt need her and you didnt need that Max guy either which is why I called Tomo, told him where we were, and he is coming to pick us up."

"YOU CALLED TOMO!?"

"I used Max's cellphone." Hiro says calmly. I can feel my body begin to shake as panic overtakes my form. I yank my hands away from Hiro and run to the living room to wake up Max.

"Max you need to wake up. We need to get ou-OH MY GOD!"

I can't help but scream as I turn the corner of the couch and see Max lying there all cut up and bleeding. He is badly beaten in the face and he has a large gash running across his stomach where organs are spilling out.

"WHAT DID YOU DO!?" I scream at Hiro as he comes out of the kitchen and admires the corpse.

"Its ok, Y/n." He says as he grabs me tightly and pulls me down to my knees for a hug. He hugs me tightly as my face is pressed firmly into his chest and his chin is resting on my head. I remain petrified for a few seconds and then I remember that Tomo is coming and begin to panic as I try to squirm my way away from Hiro.

"LET GO!" I scream as hot tears begin to run down my face, but Hiro just holds me tighter. He is surprisingly strong despite his size. Just then I hear a car pull up in front of the house and someone walk up to the front door. The door creaks open and there stands Tomo. He smiles at me as he closes the door behind and walks over. He ignores the corpse as he walks over to me and kneels down beside me.

"I was so worried about you." Tomo says and despite his huge smile he has tears running down his cheeks as takes me from Hiro and holds me tightly against his chest. Hiro growls in retaliation but doesn't try to pull me back.

"LET GO OF ME!" I scream and Tomo pulls back and clamps a hand tightly over y mouth to silence my screams. He then picks me up with his other arm and slings me over his shoulder as he carries me to the door. I pound on his back with my small fists and scream into his hand but everything I do feels pointless so I quickly end up going limp in fear.

Tomo carries me out front where a white car is parked and puts me down in the back seat. Hiro crawls in next to me and keeps a firm hold on my shoulder to keep me from trying to run away while Tomo sits down in front and starts driving. At first I remain deadly quiet as I try to process the events taking place. It isn't until a little while later when I gain the courage to lock up away from Hiro that I realize that we aren't going back to the house. Instead we are driving out of the city and down empty country roads.

"Don't worry." Hiro says as he sees my look of confusion. "We cant go back to the house after this but Tomo has set up somewhere nice for us all to live. Somewhere far away from people where the three of us can live in peace." He smiles at the thought as joy radiates off his face but I am far from happy. The car brings us over winding hills and dense forests and eventually, after being overcome by exhaustion, I pass out in the back seat with Hiro cradling me in his arms.