14

Tomo pov.

The sun was just barely setting over the trees as I rolled into the small parking lot that accompanied our towns small park. By just barely glancing around I caught sight of Abby sitting on a park bench, her phone resting neatly in her lap as she fiddled with the power button. She was dressed rather neatly in comparison to our first meeting in a powder pink dress with a white peter pan color and denim jean jacket that was half buttoned up covering the dress waistline. Her curled hair was tied up with a bow and she had several silver decorative clips in her hair above her left ear.

She saw me in my car and her face lit up as she put away her phone and ran to me. I rolled down the car window as she approached and came to lean against the door.

"You're late, Tomo~" She said in a teasing tone.

"There was traffic. Sorry I made you wait." I said in a tone that I hoped wounded sweet instead of just annoyed. She smiled to herself as she clutched the door frame.

"Are you going to let me in?" She asked, in reference to the car. I smiled and nodded before unlocking the door and watching as she walked around the front and climbed into the seat next to me. I started up the car and we pulled out of the parking lot as she giggled at my silence.

"Where are we going?" She asked.

"Before I tell you I wanted to ask you a question."

"What is it? Shoot."

"What do you really think of my sister?" There was a short pause.

"I think she's a nice girl." She muttered. She sounded genuine but I knew better than to trust her words. I saw past those lying lips and I needed her to admit what she had done.

"Really?" Sorry Y/n. "Because I think she is kind of a bore. She's plain and antisocial. I don't think she would make good company for you." Abby looked shocked. "Am I wrong?" I asked innocently.

"Well...."

"You don't have to lie. You can be honest."

I saw her take a deep breath as she momentarily avoided eye contact. "In that case I guess you are right. She is a bore and not great company."

"Then why do you hang out with her? You could do better."

Her cheeks blushed slightly as she kept switching her gaze from me to the darkening skyline before us. By now we had reached our destination, a small sight seeing spot that sat on a rocky cliff edge overlooking the large lake. It was far away from the lights of the city so the sky shone bright with stars. Besides from that it was dark and secluded. As I parked at the vintage point I felt a small hand snake into my own and hold it limply. I looked over at Abby as she avoided eye contact and stared out at the water.

"Ibecamefriendswithhersoicouldmeetyou." She said fast.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"I became friends with her so I could meet you." She said slowly. "I'm not proud of it but I saw you pick her up from school a few times and I thought you looked really cool and I wanted to meet you."

"Would I be right to say you had a crush on me?" I asked slyly as her face turned beat red. I knew it. I knew this girl was trouble. She was just using Y/n to get close to me. Isn't that awful? "Come outside with me for a sec." I said as I released her hand and stepped out of the car. She followed me with her head hung low in shame and in fear of rejection. Once we were near the cliff edge I took her hand and pulled her closer to me. I placed my fingers under her chin to lift her face up to look at me. Our eyes met and in the darkness I could see the redness to her cheeks and feel the sweating of her palms. As I leaned down and brought our faces closer her breath pitched and her eyes closed as our lips connected and momentarily lingered. What for her was probably a happy moment felt like absolute torture for me for her lips were wet and sticky with gloss and smelt pungently floral. Still I let her have her moment as my fingers traveled down to the small blade in my jeans pocket. I didn't have to hide it in the darkness as I unsheathed the blade with one hand and brought it to the back of her neck. 1,2,3. A scream pierced the night but was mostly muffled by my lips as I dug the blade into her neck. She pulled away and locked at me with frantic eyes as I quickly withdrew the blade and pierced her stomach. I didn't even have to push her into the lake as she stumbled back on her own and fell off the cliff side. I heard her body smash into the rock below where it was lost in the darkness.

When all was silent I refolded the blade and shoved it into my pocket before heading back to the car. I wiped my lips off on my jacket sleeve for they felt stained by that bitches floral lip gloss. I made sure all traces of her were gone before starting up the car again and driving back home. All the way back our conversation kept playing over and over again in my head. I can't believe she was pretending to be Y/n's friend just to get close to me. If I had let it continue what would've happened? Y/n would've ended up heartbroken. This is why she doesn't need friends. She has us. She doesn't need anyone but us. That idea kept playing over and over again in my head and before I knew it I was home and standing in front of Y/n's bedroom. I opened the door and looked in to see Y/n asleep. She stirred and sat up, looking over at me confused in her half asleep state.

"Tomo? Whats wrong?" She asked tiredly.

"You need to pick better friends Y/n." I mutter. I quickly leave and close the door again as I go to Hiro's room where he is awake and waiting for me. "She's gone." I say and Hiro smiles wildly as he gives me thumbs up and crawls into bed. I leave for my own room where I discard the knife and whatever clothing I was wearing into a black garbage back which I stuff out of sight into the back of the closet. Y/n can never know what I did. If she ever found out she would never trust me again. I am her brother, she needs to trust me.