Chapter 1

"Alright, class. Settle down, settle down. I'm not going to be taking any requests for tests retakes, so don't even think about it. Without further ado, why don't you guys look at your tests."

Slowly, Yuki Fujimaro flipped over her test. Her heart sank as she read the grade.

A C-.

No, this couldn't be real. It had to be some sort of mistake. Normally, Yuki didn't really care much for academics, she just scored naturally well on tests, but it seemed it had failed her now. Karma was getting her back for not studying.

Well, guess things don't come naturally anymore...

Yuki sighed as she looked over the math test. As she glanced at it, she noticed the silly mistakes she made, realizing everything she could've fixed if she had taken just a little more time to notice the detail.

"Alright, let's go over all the questions in the test. If you have any questions, raise your hand..."

The reacher's voice droned on, and though Yuki had many questions, she wasn't going to raise her hand- that was just embarrassing. No one needed to know that Yuki didn't understand the material.

The bell finally rang, and the class dashed out the door. The teacher sighed, sitting down at their desk. Although Yuki knew that this was probably a good time to ask them for help, she also was very lazy, and didn't feel like asking.

So Yuki stood up, and exited the room. Looking down at her phone, she plugged her earbuds in and began to drown herself in music. However, not paying attention caused Yuki to run into another person, and both of them tumbled to the ground.

"Oh, sorry," Yuki apologized. "Sorry, I wasn't looking."

"Well, same here, so I'm sorry as well," A girl with brown hair, and emerald green eyes nodded. It was tied up in a ponytail with a bow, and she wore the stereotypical uniform- with white socks and blue shoes. "Oh, hi! You're... Yuki, right?"

"Y-yeah," Yuki stuttered, as she finally noticed who the girl was. It was Monika- practically one of the most popular people in school. Someone Yuki never thought she'd never even get the chance to talk to. "H-hi, Monika..."

"Nice to see you," Monika smiled. "How'd you do on that math test?"

Oh great, Yuki thought. Now I have to admit my failure to her.

"Um... I didn't do so well," Yuki admitted. "At all. I guess my bad study habits are finally catching up to me.."

"Oh, yeah, it was a really hard test, so that's understandable," Monika nodded. "I got an A-, barely scrapped by with an A..."

"Well, it's better than what I got," Yuki laughed. "Yeah..."

"Heh, that's alright."

Monika looked like she was about to say more, but she was cut off by a shouting girl running towards them.

"Monika, hurry up! Everyone's waiting for you," The short girl huffed. She had short pink hair, pink eyes, and the school uniform that Yuki herself was wearing. Yuki found it hard to imagine that this girl was the same class as her.

"Oh, I'm sorry," Monika apologized. "Yuki and I were just talking. I'll be on my way, tell Sayori not to worry."

"Alright, fine," The girl looked away, and stomped off, muttering something like "of course Monika has a girlfriend."

"Er... What was that?" Yuki asked, slightly confused.

"Well, I'm part of the Literature Club..." Monika explained, and while it seemed boring to Yuki, she could see the excitement in Monika's eyes. "It's a lot of fun."

"Im sure..."

"Say.. Yuki, are you in a club?" Monika asked, smiling. "If you aren't... Could you at least try out the literature club? We would love it if you're there..."

Monika smiled cutely at Yuki, and there was no way Yuki could say no. Absolutely not.

"Yeah, sure, why not. Might as well."

---

"Hey everyone, sorry I'm late!" Monika greeted as they walked into the room. "But I brought a new member! This is Yuki."

"O-oh..." A tall girl with purple hair and eyes eyes Yuki cautiously. "Hello there."

"Hmmph, I told you, Sayori, she's Monika's girlfriend," The small one from before said triumphantly.

"She's not my..." Monika sighed. "Anyway. Meet the rest of the club!"

Wow... I made a great decision coming here, didn't i?

"Hi... My name is Yuri," The tall one greeted, seeming much more mature than the others (excluding Monika). Her purple hair was very long, and Yuki found herself sharing at it, unable to take her eyes off it.

"Hmmph. Yuri, don't be so uptight," The small pinkette huffed.

"Natsuki, please play nice," Monika sighed. The pinkette, 'Natsuki' apparently, just ignored her.

"Welcome to the club!" The final girl of the club greeted, munching on a cookie. She had short peach colored hair, blue eyes, and her uniform was unbuttoned at the top. She wore black socks, unlike the others. "I'm Sayori, the president of this club. I hope you have a good time here, I'm glad you decided to join!"

She's the president of the club?? But she seems so much more childish than both Yuri and Monika... Maybe even Natsuki?

"Okay, everyone!" Sayori clapped her hands. "I brought cookies for all of us. I guess I picked a good day, since we have a new member!"

"Oh, good, cookies!" Yuki smiled. "Yum."

Sayori opened the bag full of cookies, only to close it again. She turned around, looking at them nervously.

"Eh... Heheh.."

"Sayori... Did you eat all the cookies again?" Monika asked knowingly.

"Um... I got hungry, okay?" Sayori defended. "Sorry!"

"Oh... Well... What can we give Yuki now?" Yuri asked, worried. "I don't have anything on me..."

"Well, lucky for you guys, I have cupcakes," Natsuki smirked. "I wasn't really planning on sharing, but since we have another member..."

"Oh! Thanks, Natsuki!" Sayori grinned.

"Yeah, no problem."

Each girl here... They all get along so well, Yuki thought. This will be a fun club. Nothing can go wrong.

Right?