Chapter 6

(This book hit 100 reads!!! Thanks, you guys are the best! Also, warning: I didn't do the Natsuki route, so I apologize if the scene is wrong..)

"Okay, everyone!" Sayori cheered. "The festival is almost here, as we've said before! If you have a job to do, make sure you get it done before than! The rest of the day is going to be used as a work day... hope you all enjoy!"

Hmmm... what should I do?

Yuki stared at the floor, pondering what she should be doing. She really was bored, but she did have many friends in this club... the question was, who to hang out with?

Everyone was doing their own thing- Yuri was in the corner reading her book, Natsuki was rummaging in the closet looking for her manga, Sayori was sitting as the desk writing while Monika looked over her shoulder, excited about something. Of course the two were talking- they were the power here, after all. President and Vice President... Yuki couldn't quite remember who was who. Wasn't Monika the president? Wait, was it Sayori or Monika? Who was-

"Yuki, why don't you make yourself useful and help me!"

Absorbed in my thoughts, I hadn't even noticed the petite pinkette stroll up to me. She was leaning over, a annoyed expression on her face.

"Huh? What do you need help with?" Yuki asked, confused. "Sorry, I was zoning out."

"Well..."

Natsuki looked away.

"...it's embarrassing!" Natsuki crossed her arms.

"Then why'd you come to me in the first place, if you don't plan on telling me..?"

"Well... Fine," Natsuki huffed. "I'm... not tall enough to reach some of the manga in the closet..."

"Hahah... really?" Yuki giggled. "Couldn't
you just use a stool?"

Natsuki turned even redder with embarrassment.

"I um... I'm not tall... enough even with the stool."

Yuki burst into laughter, Natsuki pouting with annoyance.

"Hey, it's not funny!" Natsuki complained, stamping her foot. "How would you like it if I made fun of you for your height? It's not like I can control how tall I am!"

"Sorry, Sorry," Yuki but her lip to stop herself from laughing any further. "Sorry, Natsuki."

"Well, whatever! I'll just ask someone else," Natsuki huffed. "Someone who won't make fun of me for that!"

"Wait, Natsuki, sorry," Yuki tried to reason with the girl. "I'm sorry, it was just-"

"Yeah, well... I'll ask Sayori," Natsuki looked away. "I thought you would've been nice about it."

"Listen, Natsuki," Yuki stood up, grabbing Natsuki by the wrist. "I'll help you."

"No, I don't need it-"

"I feel bad for making fun of you, so I'll do it. Besides, Sayori's busy right now."

"...fine..." Natsuki grumbled, and she turned on her heel, walking to the closet. Yuki followed her slowly. "But if you can't reach it either, I'm going to laugh so hard."

"Hey, that's not very nice."

"Neither is what you did."

"Fair enough."

———

"Hahah! You can't reach it either!"

"Sh-shut up!"

Yuki grumbled as she reached for the manga. She was so close- almost there- but her fingertips brushed the bottom and not enough for her to get a grip.

"And who was making fun of me earlier?" Natsuki grinned in amusement.

"Whatever..." Yuki sighed. "I'll go get a chair you can stand on."

"Me? Why me?"

"Cause I'm going to hold the chair so you don't fall," Yuki answered as if the answer was obvious. "...duh."

"Fine, Fine. Whatever."

Yuki left the closet briefly, returning with one of those black spinning chairs with wheels.

"Here, I'll hold it for you."

Holding the chair as she climbed on top of it, Natsuki grabbed the box of manga. Gosh, this was a terrible thing... Yuki thought. She's practically leaning over and her... is right there...!

Closing her eyes, Yuki tried to ignore the thoughts going into her head

Closing her eyes, Yuki tried to ignore the thoughts going into her head. She didn't want them there in any way possible, it was just a fact..!

"Hey, Yuki, can you take this from me-! If I bend down, I don't think I'll be able to keep hold of them..."

"U-uh, but then I'll have to let go of the chair! You might fall!" Yuki said frantically.

"It's fine! H-here!"

Natsuki threw the books at Yuki, who felt the blunt of the weight as they smacked her in the face, her eyes still shut. She shouted, falling backwards onto the ground as she caught the books in her arms. Natsuki calmly stepped down from the chair.

"Hah! Someone got whacked!" Natsuki grinned in glee. "Serves you right for making fun of me!"

"Yeah, well that's what I get for trying not to disrespect you," Yuki spat, annoyed. "I was closing my eyes because you- you know what, whatever."

Yuki shoved the books into Natsuki's hands.

"I don't take to being ridiculed constantly. It's not extremely attractive. Plus, I've never been a fan of tsundere's."

Natsuki gasped as Yuki walked away.

"Wait, Yuki!"

🅦🅗🅨?

Nothing can go wrong. Not like this. Right?