Chapter 8

"Hey... Yuki, can I talk to you?" Natsuki approached, looking away. She was obviously embarrassed. "Please?"

Yuki was currently helping Yuri with her poster, and glanced at Yuri. She wasn't going to leave Yuri by herself- that was just plain rude. But Yuri nodded, showing Yuki that it was okay.

"Uh... alright, sure."

Yuki stood up, and the two walked to the hallway so they could speak in private.

"Listen... I'm..." Natsuki seemed to be struggling with her words. "I'm.. grr..! I'm sorry."

"You are?" Yuki asked, surprised. "But weren't you just being yourself-"

"Well, yeah. But I took it too far that time, I suppose," Natsuki responded, still looking at the ground. "I should know some of my friends might not like... what I do."

"I don't have a problem with your manga or anime, if that's what you're implying," Yuki told her. "I just don't like being teased..."

"Yeah, but I only tease people I like being around!"

It was silent for a moment.

"You like being around me?"

"N-not just you!" Natsuki blushed. "I meant around the club, too!"

"Oh."

"...and... I guess I.. I like being around you too... I guess."

It fell quiet again.

"Well, I'm glad," Yuki replied quietly. She still didn't really like Natsuki, but she wanted to try for the sake of the club. "Thank you for apologizing."

"Y-Yeah."

The two didn't really know what to say, so they just sat there in silence.

"I'm not good at apologizing," Natsuki broke the silence. "At all."

"I figured. But it's alright."

"So... we're good?" Natsuki asked, curious.

"Yeah. We're good!"

———

"Alright! Everyone be ready for the festival Monday, okay?" Sayori nodded. "Yuki, you and Yuri are meeting up to finish the poster, right?"

"We can," Yuki nodded. "Is that alright with you, Yuri?"

"Y-Yeah," Yuri nodded. "I'll give you my number after.."

"Alright then! Everyone good?"

"Yeah!"

"Here's my number," Yuri handed it to her on a post it note. "We'll meet up Sunday.. is that alright?"

"Sure! I can text you my address and stuff," Yuki nodded. "Alright, I'm excited!"

"This festival is going to go great!"

———

You and Monika were walking home, talking and laughing.

"Hey, I found some weird poster of you earlier," Yuki brought it up. "It was all... messed up."

"Huh? Do I have some sort of stalker?" Monika was confused. "There was a poster of me?"

"Yeah. It was really... damaged. I don't know why."

"Oh.. well, that's weird," Monika shrugged. "I don't know why anyone would have a poster of me.. let's not worry about it too much."

"But it was really creepy," Yuki shuddered. "I didn't like it. At all. If you'd seen it..."

"Aw," Monika pulled you in for a short hug, before letting you go. "It's okay, Yuki. Thanks for being concerned about me. You're... you're a really good friend."

"Thank you?"

"Yup!" Monika grinned. "Yuki, I have to tell you something."

"Yes..?" Yuki waited patiently as Monika took awhile to collect her thoughts.

"I had... a really weird dream," Monika confessed. "It was a dream about the five of us. Except... well, you were a boy. Heh. And I was the literature club president, with Sayori as the Vice President. And I really wanted yo-..er... something you had. So I messed around with the 匚口刀モモモモモモモモ"

"Never mind," Monika smiled. "I forgot what I was talking about."

"Okay?"

Yuki wanted to talk some more, but as she closed her eyes, she reopened them to Yuri staring back at her. Yuki looked around, confused as they were in her house, in her room. Where had Monika gone..?

"Yuki... are you alright..? You keep staring off into the distance.."

"Yeah, I'm fine," Yuki nodded distractedly. "Don't worry about me."

Yuki hurriedly picked up a paintbrush, and when she lifted it, paint splattered all over. She let out a gasp as she saw she'd gotten some on Yuri.

"I-I'm so sorry!" Yuki told Yuri. "I didn't mean to-"

"No, don't worry about it.. it's alright," Yuri said. "It's okay."

"Well, at least let me help you get it off."

Yuki stood to go get a towel from the bathroom, when a warm, wet one suddenly appeared in her hand. Her eyes widened in confusion, and she sat down again.

"U-uh- here.."

"Oh, thank you

"Oh, thank you..."

You stared at her in confusion, but brushed the weirdness off as being tired. After all, it wasn't normal for towels to teleport or to change locations in the blink of an eye, was it?

"Why don't we finish these posters?" Yuri suggested after Yuki had finished wiping the paint off of the purple haired girl.

"Y-yeah. Okay."

Nothing can go wrong. Not like this. Right...?