Chapter 4

Deciding that writing her own poems was getting lame, she decided that she might as well try to impress one of the girls while she wrote.

Hmm, might as well go for Monika, right? After all, she was pretty popular, and beautiful, and a good person overall, so.. She really had no objections to writing for Monika. Second choice would probably be Yuri..

However, when she finished writing the poem, she just had a feeling that what she wrote wasn't to what Monika would like, even though it included what Yuki thought Monika liked- bows, the color green, poetry... It just didn't feel like Monika was even an option.

 It just didn't feel like Monika was even an option

lԀṅṭ ᎥᏆ ΔΣ ∑∑и Ðł₣ǝɹET!???

---

The next day, Yuki was the last one to walk in.

"Well, being late is fun," Natsuki said. "What happened now? Too busy making out with Monika?"

"Monika was here when I-"

"Come on, Natsuki, leave it," Monika urged. "I already told you she's not my girlfriend."

"Well, either way, you guys do seem a lot closer.." Yuri pointed out.

Yuki snuck a quick glance at Monika, who kept looking at Yuri. For some reason when she was talking to Monika before, Yuki had blinked and then all of a sudden, she was writing a poem. Yuki was completely confused, but Monika seemed to not get the same feeling. Almost like she didn't remember it.

"Ahaha! Well, we aren't a couple, so please don't feel so jealous."

"Wha-!" Natsuki was clearly offended. "I am not jealous!"

While the three continued to bicker and talk, Yuki noticed that Sayori was just siting at an empty desk, a pen in her hand, but no paper. Yuki walked over to her, curious to learn about the President of the club.

"Hi, Sayori."

"E-eh?" Sayori looked up, looking very confused. "Hi, Yuki! Shouldn't you be socializing with the other three?"

"Well, I was..." Yuki responded. "But you looked lonely, so I wanted to make sure you were okay."

"I'm fine, so don't worry," Sayori smiled cheerfully. "Just handling some... President-y stuff..."

That was obviously a lie, considering Yuki had just seen that Sayori had just been twiddling with a pen. But you didn't question it, just left it alone.

"...Sayori, why do you always leave your blouse unbuttoned?" Yuki blurted, then covered her mouth. "Sorry! I didn't mean to be rude."

"Oh, don't worry," Sayori said. "It's just.. I don't really know why!"

"Well.. Then, here."

Yuki stepped closer a bit, and began to button Sayori's blouse. Sayori stared at Yuki, shocked.

"Y-Yuki-"

"I'm just trying to help, alright?"

"But Yuki," Sayori protested after she finished buttoning the blouse

"But Yuki," Sayori protested after she finished buttoning the blouse. "I don't like it like this!"

"Well, I mean.." Yuki paused. "You definitely look neater."

"But-"

"Trust me on this one!"

"But... Yuki, you can't hang out around me, okay?" Sayori looked away suddenly. "I... You just can't."

"Huh? Why not?" Yuki asked, confused. "What's wrong?"

"Nothin good, everything's fine," Sayori said, unbuttoning her blouse again. "It's just that I'm... Busy as a president! I have things to do."

"Oh... Sorry for bothering you in the first place," Yuki scratched the back of her neck. "You just looked like you needed some company."

"Nope! Everything's good. I'm going to start the meeting now."

Sayori walked to the front of the classroom, and Yuki watched as she quickly touched her blouse before setting her hand down again.

"Alright everyone! Welcome back!" Sayori greeted energetically. "Did everyone remember to write their poems?"

"Yes..." Yuri said slowly.

"Mm-hmm!" Monika smiled. "Can't wait for you all to read mine."

"Alright, but before that, we've got festival announcements!" Sayori interrupted. "First and foremost... The festival is showing up! Yuki, if you don't know what it is, it's basically where clubs show off their stuff. We're going to show how awesome we are! I was thinking Natsuki could-"

"Bake cupcakes? Of course I can," Natsuki cut her off, assuming the obvious. "Leave it to me."

"Well, that settles it!" Sayori cheered. "Yuri, why don't you do the posters?"

"S-sure..."

"Monika, you can make the pamphlet and flyer with all the poems in it."

"Alright, sounds good to me!"

"Yuki, you can help someone, alright?" Sayori told her. "I'm just going shopping for things, so I won't need much help. But the other three could probably use it."

"Hmm.."

Yuki really wanted to help Monika. She didn't know why- Monika was just so...  Unattainable? Amazing? Out of reach? She didn't know the word. She just knew that nothing could stop her from helping Monika.

"Okay then, well, Monika, I'll help you," Yuki decided. Monika smiled.

"Oh, yay! Alright, we'll make plans after the meeting, alright?"

"Okay."

---

It was time to share poems, but Yuki really was not in the mood for that. She sighed as Sayori announced those words.

"Okay, everyone, find someone to switch with!"

Before Yuki could even move, Yuri had slid into a seat beside her.

"H-hi... Can we share poems?"

"Sure..."

And before Yuki knew it, she was caught in another poem.

A/n: sorry this chapters a lil short, wanted to put out a new chapter...