Chapter 2

"I bet h-she doesn't even know how to write good poetry," Natsuki said, glaring at Yuki. Yuki didn't quite understand what the small girl had against her- she'd never even been mean to her.

"Well, you don't know that," Monika sighed, getting a bit fed up with Natsuki's attitude. "Besides, who are you to judge?"

"Well, I bet my poems are ten times better!"

"Perhaps you should share your poems, so Yuki can get some feedback," Yuri suggested. "I did that, it helped me a lot..."

"Oh, that's a good idea!" Sayori agreed.

"Uh, I did not sign up for this," Natsuki shot back. "...maybe it's Yuri who should share her poems, if she got such a good experience from them."

"Um..." Yuri looked away. It seemed no one wanted to share.

"Alright... Why don't we all share our poems?" Monika suggested. "That way, we can all get feedback!"

"Oh! Good idea, Monika!" Sayori grinned. "Alright, everyone bring a poem for tomorrow!"

Oh great, I'm going to show everyone my terrible writing skills.. Well, I guess being made fun of is worth it if I'm by these girls. Bad karma is really rising on me... Knew I shoulda tried harder.

---

Hmm... Can I wrote a decent poem? Yuki thought miserably. Hypothetically... Yes. Theoretically... No. Ugh, what am I supposed to do?

Yuki let her pen draw across the paper, making long, black, lines. Lines...

I think I know what to write about now.

--

The next day, Yuki walked to the club room with Monika.

"How's your poem, Yuki?" Monika asked.

"It's... Meh," Yuki shrugged. "I did my best."

"Well, that's all that matters!" Monika smiled, her brown hair bouncing over her shoulder. "I can't wait to read your poem."

Yeah, you can see how much it sucks.

"Yeah... Just a warning, it's not that good."

"That's alright. Mine isn't that good, either, but as long as I did my best, I'm glad."

"Well, that's good."

The two entered the classroom. Oddly enough, Sayori wasn't there.

"Uh, how come Sayori isn't here?" Yuki asked, confused. While she hadn't known Sayori for more than a day, she still knew enough that Sayori was the club president- and should probably be there first. At least, that's what Yuki assumed.

"Oh, Sayori's normally late," Monika explained. "Yeah, she's probably getting snacks from the vending machine.."

"Well, if she doesn't come quick, the-" Natsuki seemed to catch herself, looking away. "Never mind."

"Oh, well we can start without Sayori, she'll probably come soon enough," Monika reassured. "Probably."

"Yeah, that sounds like a good idea," Yuri nodded. "Monika.. You're a very suitable Vice President."

"Thank you, I'm just doing my best," Monika laughed assuringly. "But I've still got a lot to learn."

"You definitely do a lot better than Natsuki and I could..." Yuri nodded.

"Are you implying I wouldn't be a good Vice President?" Natsuki huffed.

"N-no," Yuri shook her head. "I-i wasn't saying that... I've just never seen you in charge before."